Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
John Fasana, Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
36. Operations Employee of the Month.
37. RECEIVE report on System Safety and Operations.
39. HUIZAR MOTION that the Board direct the CEO to relocate the current bus layover on La Loma Road and Figueroa Street in Eagle Rock to Colorado Boulevard east of Figueroa Street or another appropriate location.
40. ADOPT revisions to Metro's Advertising Content Guidelines. The Advertising Guidelines are a section of the Board-approved Metro System Advertising policy.
(CARRIED OVER FROM MAY COMMITTEE CYCLE)
A. canceling Board recommendation presented at March 2013 Board meeting for award of contract OP33673016 for Trash & Vegetation Removal Services for Metro's Right of Way (ROW);
B. rejecting all bids received in response to IFB OP33673016 for ROW Trash & Vegetation Removal Services and issue new IFB for these services; and
C. execute Modification No. 5 in the amount of $3,368,700 for a new contract value not-to-exceed $9,633,946 for the existing ROW Trash and Vegetation Removal Services to Woods Maintenance Services, OP33442103 providing on-going maintenance services throughout Metro properties and ROWs. This modification extends the period of performance through March 31, 2014 while the new procurement is completed.
A. ratifying the Advanced Transit Vehicle Consortium's award of Contract No. OP33202790 to BYD Company Ltd (BYD), Los Angeles, CA for the manufacturing and delivery of up to twenty-five Zero Emission Buses for a not-to-exceed total contract value of $20,739,250, including tax and delivery;
B. establishing a Life-of-Project (LOP) budget for this ATVC project in the amount of $30,000,000 for Zero Emission Buses in CP201071 – 30 Zero Emission Buses/SLEB Buy;
C. authorizing ATVC staff to initiate a new RFP for the conversion of six existing Metro gasoline electric hybrid buses to Super Low Emission Bus standards.
44. AWARD a 24-month, firm fixed price contract under Bid Number 13-0036 to the following lowest responsive and responsible bidders for air dryers for an amount not-to-exceed $2,329,076, inclusive of sales tax and a one-year option:
A. Vehicle Maintenance Program, Inc. for the line items 1, 3 and 4 (Various Air Dryers), for a total contract value of $859,930 and;
B. NABI for line item 2 (Dryer Assembly) for a total contract value of $1,469,146.
A. the Chief Executive Officer to execute a ten (10) year lease agreement commencing July 1, 2013 for a customer service center for the Purple Line Extension, including two (2) five year options, with Klein Financial Corporation for the use of approximately 2,469 square feet retail space located at 3183 Wilshire Boulevard, Unit 174, Los Angeles at an estimated payment of $1,500,000 over the initial ten year term of the lease for rent and operational expenses; and
B. a one-time expenditure of an amount not to exceed $375,000 for METRO's share of tenant improvement costs including construction management fees.
46. RECEIVE AND FILE report concerning Transit Court.
(CARRIED OVER FROM MAY COMMITTEE CYCLE)
47. RECEIVE AND FILE report on Improving Accessibility at Metro.
(ALSO ON EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE) [HANDOUT]
49. RECEIVE AND FILE report on proposed changes to Metro Bus and Rail services to be implemented June 23, 2013.
50. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION