Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, May 17, 2012 12:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Ara Najarian, Chair
José Huizar, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
- Operations Employee of the Month.
- RECEIVE the Transit Operations report.
- RECEIVE report on Los Angeles Metro Protective Services (LAMPS).
- AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute Modification No. 7 (Option 1) to Contract No. PS2610LASD with the County of Los Angeles Sheriff's Department to provide law enforcement services for the period covering July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013 in the amount not-to-exceed $80,622,796, an increase of $1,781,056 over the current fiscal year.
- AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a firm fixed price contract under Bid No. OP39602869 with Balfour Beatty Rail Inc., the lowest responsive and responsible bidder for 18 Traction Power Substationsfor an amount not-to-exceed $19,176,024.01 inclusive of sales tax and storage fees.
- CONSIDER authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to execute:
- Modification No. 7 to Contract No. OP33202167 with Vehicle Technical Consultants to provide bus inspection services for the manufacturing process in Kaposvar, Hungary for a period of fifteen months in the amount not-to-exceed of $62,692 increasing the Total Contract Value from $249,999 to $312,691; and
- Modification No. 6 to Contract No. OP33202168 with Vehicle Technical Consultants to provide bus inspection services for final assembly in Anniston, Alabama for a period of fifteen months in the amount not-to-exceed of $58,769 increasing the Total Contract Value from $232,553 to $291,322.
- AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a firm fixed price unit rate contract under Bid No. 12-0002 with Pamco Machine Works, the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, for the overhaul of 216 Siemens P2000 light rail vehicle powered axle assemblies for an amount not-to-exceed $4,234,557.
- WITHDRAWN: CONSIDER:
- Returning to the Board, under Contract No. PS33201664 with ACS State and Local Solutions, delegated authority of $24,182,212 for two options that will not be exercised (Option Period 1 and Option Period 2).
- Authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to execute modification No. 12 to Contract No. PS33201664 with ACS State and Local Solutions to provide Regional TAP Service Center services for a period of eighteen months in the firm, fixed price of $10,650,672 increasing the Total Contract Value from $32,169,028 to $42,819,700.
- Increasing Contract Modification Authority specific to Contract No. PS33201664 with ACS State and Local Solutions for funding pending changes in the amount of $500,000.
- Ratifying expenditures of $6,508,744 incurred to maintain TAP Service Center services from July 1, 2011 to May 30, 2012 that ensured no disruption in service to customers.
- RECEIVE AND FILE report on update of Traveler’s Aid in Union Station.
(CARRIED OVER FROM APRIL SYSTEM SAFETY AND OPERATIONS COMMITTEE)
- RECEIVE AND FILE the second quarterly report on the status of the Metro Bus Service Quality Monitoring Program.
- RECEIVE AND FILE a status report in response to a Board request for a Metro Blue Line Operations Assessment. On April 3, 2012 the Board requested a thorough review of the Blue Line service and operations [HANDOUT].
(CARRIED OVER FROM APRIL EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE)
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION