Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
John Fasana, Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General County Counsel, General Counsel
28. Operations Employee of the Month.
29. RECEIVE report on System Safety and Operations.
31. INCREASE life-of-project (LOP) budget for Division 11 Body Shop Ventilation (CP 204123) by $1,650,000, increasing the LOP budget from $550,000 to $2,200,000.
32. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to:
- establish bench contracts commencing April 1, 2013 to provide contract task-order based engineering and technical services for various Wayside Systems operating and capital projects; and
- execute Contract Task orders under the individual bench contracts in a cumulative amount not to exceed $5,000,000.
33. INCREASE life-of project (LOP) budget for Metro Blue Line Signal Rehabilitation, CP 211005 by $63,180,000, increasing the LOP budget from $820,000 to $64,000,000.
- authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute a contract modification for Change Order No. 2 to Contract No. C0966R with TRC Solutions, Inc., to perform additional water mitigation services that are not covered in the base contract for a period of one month in an amount not-to-exceed $286,114 and increasing the total contract value from $842,548 to $1,128,662; and
- increasing the Contract Modification Authority (CMA) by 15% of the recommended not-to-exceed Contract Modification in the amount of $42,917 increasing the total CMA from $100,000 to $142,917.
35. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a five-year firm fixed priceÂ Contract No. OP35903018, to Veolia Transportation for Contract Bus Service in an amount not-to-exceed $62,245,053 for the five-year period effective August 3, 2013.
36. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute:
- Modification No. 1 to Contract No. PS68102730 with Xerox State and Local Solutions (Xerox) to provide photo enforcement Operations, Maintenance, and Citation processing services for the Exposition Line for a period up to twelve months for a fixed unit price of $2,200 per camera location for a total not-to-exceed amount of $501,600, increasing the total contract value from $877,800 to $1,379,400, effective July 1, 2013;
- Modification No. 6 to Contract No. SP035 with Xerox to provide photo enforcement Operations, Maintenance, and Citation processing services for the Blue and Orange Lines for a period up to twelve months for a fixed unit price of $2,200 per camera location for a total not-to-exceed amount of $1,531,200, increasing the total contract value from $12,359,820 to $13,891,020, effective July 1, 2013; and
- Modification No. 2 to Contract No. SP037 with Xerox to provide photo enforcement Operations, Maintenance, and Citation processing services for the Metro Gold Line Photo Enforcement Program for a period up to twelve months for a fixed unit price of $2,200 per camera location for a total not-to-exceed amount of $712,800, increasing the total contract value from $2,422,200 to $3,135,000, effective July 1, 2013.
37. CONSIDER authorizing the Chief Executive Officer:
- to execute a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) and the Los Angeles Trade Technical College (LATTC) to work with Rail Operations management to design, develop and deliver standardized training curriculum to support Rail Technical Training for Metro's incumbent workforce and to support the Rail Apprentice Program as defined in the ATU & LACMTA 2010-2013 Negotiations Tentative Agreement - Article 8 Section G;
- as part of the MOU with LATTC, to design, develop and deliver standardized training curriculum to support the Rail Technical Training Program; and
- to approve access to Metro Rail facilities and equipment, and the donation of obsolete or surplus equipment and materials to be used as supplemental training aids
38. RECEIVE oral Citizens Advisory Committee update.
39. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
25. RECEIVE AND FILE report on ExpressLanes Monthly Account Maintenance Fee Update.
(ALSO ON AD-HOC CONGESTION PRICING COMMITTEE)
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION