Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
John Fasana, Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General County Counsel, General Counsel
36. Operations Employee of the Month.
37. RECEIVE report on System Safety and Operations.
39. APPROVE the recommended revisions to Service Policies and Standards.
41. WITHDRAWN: AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to:
A. cancel Contract OP123367091 award to Marina Landscape, Inc.; and
B. award a five-year firm fixed unit rate Contract OP123367091 to Complete Landscape Care, Inc., the lowest responsive responsible bidder, to provide landscape and irrigation maintenance services along Metro Orange Line in an amount not-to-exceed $4,388,586, inclusive of two option years, effective April 1, 2013.
43. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to:
A. execute a five year (5) lease agreement commencing April 1, 2013, including three (3) one year options, with S & R Partners for the rental of approximately 100,000 square feet of land and 12,167 square feet of warehouse space for rail communication use located at 1251 North Spring Street, Los Angeles, at an estimated rental cost of $1,815,724.45 over the initial five year term of the lease; and
B. enter into a five year (5) lease agreement with Mod Space Corporation (dba "Mod Space") for the lease of the existing trailers occupying the property at 1251 North Spring Street at an estimated rental cost of $243,514 over the initial five year term of the lease.
44. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a five-year firm fixed unit rate contract to Woods Maintenance Service Inc., the lowest responsive, responsible bidder, to provide trash and vegetation removal services for Metro Right-Of-Way and facilities in an amount not-to-exceed $11,440,638, inclusive of two option years, effective August 1, 2013.
45. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a five-year firm fixed unit rate contract to Nationwide Environmental Services Inc., the lowest responsive, responsible bidder to provide power sweeping services for all Metro facilities in an amount not-to-exceed $7,124,250, inclusive of two option years, effective June 1, 2013.
46. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION