Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
John Fasana, Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
30. Operations Employee of the Month.
31. RECEIVE the Transit Operations report.
32. RECEIVE report on System Safety.
34. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to:
a. award a firm fixed price contract under Bid No. 13-0020 to North American Bus Industries, the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, for the procurement of 200 electric fan system units for an amount not-to-exceed $2,607,255 inclusive of sales tax; and
b. exercise an option with North American Bus Industries to purchase up to 121 additional electric fan system units subject to availability of funding for an amount not-to-exceed $1,640,484 inclusive of sales tax.
35. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a 24-month, indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity, firm fixed price contract under Bid Number 13-0019 to the following lowest responsive and responsible bidders for turbochargers for an amount not-to-exceed $2,697,251 inclusive of sales tax and a one-year option:
a. Performance Turbochargers, LLC for line item 1 (Turbocharger Asm. – Series 50G Gas) for a total contract value of $1,350,605; and
b. Cummins Cal Pacific, LLC for line item 2 (Turbocharger Asm. – Engine, Cummins ISL) for a total contract value of $1,346,646.
36. WITHDRAWN: RECEIVE oral report on Transit Capital Programs and P2550 update.
(CARRIED OVER FROM JANUARY SYSTEM SAFETY AND OPERATIONS COMMITTEE)
37. RECEIVE AND FILE a report on a program of projects developed in collaboration with Montebello Bus Lines to increase ridership on the Metro Gold Line Eastside Extension contingent upon Montebello City Council approval.
(CARRIED OVER FROM JANUARY SYSTEM SAFETY & OPERATIONS COMMITTEE)
40. RECEIVE AND FILE report on budget themes and performance metrics.
(ALSO ON FINANCE, BUDGET AND AUDIT COMMITTEE) [HANDOUT]
41. AMEND Title 6, Chapter 6-05 of the LA County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Administrative Code, otherwise known as the Metro Customer Code.
(ALSO ON EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE)
42. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION