Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Diane DuBois, Chair
Mark Ridley-Thomas, Vice Chair
Vacant, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General County Counsel, General Counsel
- RECEIVE Measure R Program update: (HANDOUT)
- Highway Program
- Rail Projects
- Local Return/Metrolink
- approving a unified process and policy for the management and minimization of project costs of the Measure R transit projects, including a requirement for the prompt development and consideration of lower-cost project alternatives that address the cost-control policy actions of the Board of Directors to date, including, but not limited to, all of those listed in Attachment A of the Board report;
- approving that for Measure R funds, such unified process and policy shall include a requirement where Measure R funding (including any prior Measure R expenditures) shall not exceed the amount shown in the “New Sales Tax Total” column of the Measure R expenditure plan;
- directing the CEO to meet with City and County staff to review how the Project Advisory Committees (PACs) functioned for both entities, and report back within 60 days with a plan to implement PACs for all 12 Measure R transit projects; and
- receiving and filing this response, shown in Attachment B of the Board report, to the Antonovich/Najarian motion from July 2010 that stated, in part, that the CEO should present: “A comprehensive, integrated, “cradle-to-grave” strategy for using the funding marks contained in the proposed FY 2011 budget to implement MTA’s Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) projects on both the LRTP schedule and the potential 30/10 schedule.”
(ALSO ON CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE)
- approving screening the Freight Track alternative from further consideration in the South Bay Metro Green Line Extension Draft Environmental Impact Statement/Report (Draft EIS/R); and
- receiving and filing status report on Outreach efforts.
(ALSO ON PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE)
- RECEIVE oral report on FTA’s preliminary engineering approval notices for the Westside Extension and Regional Connector.
(ALSO ON EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT AND AUDIT COMMITTEE)
- RECEIVE AND FILE update on the High Desert Corridor Project.
- RECEIVE AND FILE status report on the implementation of the Post 1989 Retrofit Soundwall Program.
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION