Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, November 20, 2013 10:00 a.m.
Call to Order
Pam O'Connor, Chair
Mark Ridley-Thomas, Vice Chair
Jacki Bacharach, South Bay Council of Governments
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
5. RECEIVE report of the Chair.
6. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
7.1 MOTION BY DIRECTORS FASANA, O'CONNOR AND BONIN:
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the Metro Board directs the CEO to report back in February 2014 with the following:
A. Identification of two stations for each line which would benefit from implementation of First/Last improvements based on recommendations outlined in Metro's First/Last Mile Study.
B. Identification of funding to implement the improvements including working with jurisdictions to utilize and/or supplement existing Call funding without impact to other transit lines.
C. Coordination and further development of design concepts to prototype a seamless regional First/Last Mile vision for potential implementation at other transit line stations including Crenshaw, Regional Connector and the Westside Subway.
8. RECEIVE AND FILE status report on the Joint-Work Program between Metro and the Southern California Association of Governments to implement the 2012-2035 Regional Transportation Plan/Sustainable Communities Strategy.
10. RECEIVE oral report on Countywide Sustainability Performance Measurement and Monitoring.
11. RECEIVE oral report on Advancements in New Mobility Metrics across California.
12. RECEIVE oral report Legislative Update.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION