Location & Date
Salt Lake Park Community Center Lounge, 3401 E. Florence Ave,
Thursday, July 11, 2013 2:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Marisa Perez, Chair
Richard Burnett, Vice Chair
Jo Ann Eros-Delgado
Ana Maria Quintana
Jon Hillmer, Director, Regional Councils
David Hershenson, Comm. Rel. Mgr.
Dolores Ramos, Council Admin Analyst
Henry Gonzalez, Council Comm. Rel. Mgr.
Please turn off cell phones or put them on vibrate.
1. PLEDGE of Allegiance
2. SWEAR IN Gene Daniels, Mayor, City of Paramount, and Ana Maria Quintana, Vice
Mayor, City of Bell, as Council Members
3. ROLL Call
4. APPROVE Minutes from June 13, 2013 Meeting
5. SAFETY Tip, Lt. Ibelle
6. RECOGNIZE 10th Anniversary of Gateway Cities Service Council, Wally Shidler, Council
7. RECEIVE Presentation on Title VI Public Participation Plan, Linda Hoos, Civil Rights
Program Manager, and Ann Kerman, Community Relations Manager
8. RECEIVE Presentation on Metro’s Response to Growing ADA Ridership, Daniel Levy, Civil Rights Program Compliance Director and Jess Segovia, ADA Compliance Officer
9. RECEIVE Report on City of Long Beach Station Renaming Request, Dave Hershenson, Community Relations Manager
10. RECEIVE Update on City of Long Beach Blue Line Concerns, Dave Hershenson, Community Relations Manager
11. RECEIVE Report on Artesia Station Construction Completion and I-5 Construction Line
460 Detour, Mike Sieckert, Transportation Planning Manager [PART B]
12. RECEIVE Director’s Report on May 2013 Service, Jon Hillmer, Director
13. APPROVE Council to go dark for August 2013, Council Members
14. PUBLIC Comment for items not on the Agenda
15. CHAIR and Council Member Comments
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Council; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Council subsequent to the posting of the agenda.