Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, March 18, 2015 1:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Mark Ridley-Thomas, Chair
Paul Krekorian, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Acting Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
A. adopting the Debt Policy; and
B. adopting the Interest Rate Swap Policy.
5.1 CONSIDER Motion by Directors Butts, Knabe, DuBois and Antonovichthat this Board:
A. approve the staff recommendation as contained in item number five; and
B. instruct the Capital Planning, Construction and Operations staff with the validation of data by the Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer to report back in June 2015 to the Finance, Budget and Planning Committees with the information described above in order to provide this Board, the new CEO and the subregion stakeholder partners a financial baseline from which to develop a framework for the updated LRTP, sales tax measure and other pertinent strategic financial decisions for the future of transportation development.
6. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a five-year, firm fixed price, Contract No. 3000002673, to Crowe Horwath, LLP for Metro Annual Financial Audit Services in the amount of $1,866,086, for a four-year base period plus a one-year option term in the amount of $467,009, for a total contract value of up to $2,333,095.
7. CONSIDER Motion by Directors Ridley-Thomas and Butts that within ninety days, the CEO shall:
A. develop a strategic plan for the joint development activities along the Crenshaw Line that will:
1. prepare a preliminary development envelope, building massing and permissible land uses for the properties based on adopted local plans and zoning, access, lot configuration, availability of utilities and Metro infrastructure;
2. create a timeline for joint development activities based on when each opportunity site will be available;
3. identify strategic public sector partners;
4. outline the community engagement process; and
5. determine any formal partnerships or agreements necessary to implement the strategic plan.
B. work with the County CDC to develop a scope of work and budget for an MOU that will allow Metro’s Joint Development Department to implement the joint development of the two County-owned sites along the Crenshaw Line in conjunction with Metro-owned property.
8. RECEIVE AND FILE report on Fiscal Year 2016 Budget Status Update on Metro Bus and Rail Operations. [HANDOUT]
(ALSO ON EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE)
9. RECEIVE report from the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION