Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, July 17, 2013 1:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Mark Ridley-Thomas, Chair
John Fasana, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
Please turn off cell phones or put them on vibrate.
5. RECEIVE report from the Chief Financial Services Officer.
6. RECEIVE report from the Chief Executive Officer.
7. RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
(ALSO ON CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE)
9. AMEND the FY14 budget to add $125,000 of revenues and expenses to Metro Commute Services, cost center 7140, for the purpose of funding a Rideshare Incentives Program to be implemented in conjunction with the MSRC “Rideshare Thursday” public awareness campaign.
10. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and award excess liability insurance policies with up to $250 million in limits at a cost not to exceed $3.65 million for the 12-month period effective August 1, 2013 to August 1, 2014.
A. Lead – KNN Public Finance, Montague DeRose, Public Financial
B. Projects – Backstrom McCarley Berry & Co., Fieldman Rolapp & Associates, Lamont Financial Services Corporation, Mazyck Advisors LLC and NW Financial LLC, Public Resources Advisory Group, Sperry Capital
These contracts will be for six years inclusive of two one-year options for a total amount not to exceed $5,300,000.
13. RECEIVE AND FILE report regarding PEPRA/13(c).
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION