Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Mark Ridley-Thomas, Chair
Paul Krekorian, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Acting Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
11. APPROVE the Chief Executive Officer to utilize Western States Contracting Alliance Master Price Agreement to purchase computer and network equipment, peripherals, and related software and services under California Public Contract Code 10298, Section 4, for a five-year period for a total expenditure not to exceed $22,500,000 subject to funding availability effective August 1, 2014.
12. RECEIVE oral TAP Working Group Update.
13. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a 36 month (October 1, 2014 through September 30, 2017), indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity, firm fixed unit price contract under RFP PS30203299 with Cubic Transportation Systems, Inc., the highest-scored responsive responsible proposer for TAP third party vendor network services for an amount not to exceed $654,552 for the three base years, and three two-year options effective October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2023 for an amount not to exceed $1,557,399, for a combined not to exceed $2,211,951.
14. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a five year, firm fixed-unit rate contract, Contract number PS145210201401, U.S. Bank Institutional Trust & Custody to provide custody, compliance reporting, and performance measurement services. The three-year base contract (August 1, 2014 to July 31, 2017) will be for an amount not to exceed $870,000 and the two one-year options (August 1, 2017 to July 31, 2019) for an amount not to exceed $580,000, for a total not to exceed $1,450,000 effective August 1, 2014.
15. AUTHORIZE the CEO to award a ten-year, firm fixed-unit-rate contract, Contract No. PS14511006, to ADP National Account Services to provide processing of bi-weekly payroll checks, direct deposit advices, Form W-2s, and third party checks. The two-year base contract (January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2016 will be for an amount not to exceed $1,190,000 and the eight one-year options (January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2024) for an amount not to exceed $5,060,000, for a total not to exceed $6,250,000 effective January 1, 2015.
16. RECEIVE AND FILE report in response to an amendment by the Board of Directors for staff to provide a status of FY15 salary and wage increases for non-contract and contract employees. [HANDOUT]
17. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute a revenue producing lease for the former “Union Bagel” location in Union Station.
18. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and award excess liability insurance policies with up to $250 million in limits at a cost not to exceed $3.8 million for the 12-month period effective August 1, 2014 to August 1, 2015.
19. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a five-year, indefinite delivery, fixed unit price, multiple award agreements to provide insurance defense investigation services in the base contract amount (October 1, 2014 to September 30, 2016) and three one-year options (October 30, 2016 to September 30, 2019 for a not-to-exceed amount of $3,090,652 with 25 investigation firms.
20. RECEIVE report from the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION