Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Gloria Molina, Chair
Mel Wilson, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
5. RECEIVE report from the Chief Financial Services Officer.
6. RECEIVE report from the Chief Executive Officer.
7. RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
(ALSO ON CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE)
9. ADOPT a resolution authorizing:
B. the termination of the associated interest rate swap and standby bond purchase agreement; and
C. the bond documentation associated with the issuance of the bonds, including, but not limited to, a preliminary official statement.
(REQUIRES SEPARATE, SIMPLE MAJORITY BOARD VOTE)
10. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to purchase All Risk Property and Boiler and Machinery insurance policies for all property at a not to exceed price of $2.4 million for the 12-month period May 10, 2013 through May 10, 2014.
11. ISSUE the appropriate notices to enable an amendment to the Measure R Expenditure Plan to advance "Funds Available Beginning" dates for transit corridor projects as shown in the Proposed Measure R Expenditure Plan. [HANDOUT]
(ALSO ON EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE)
12. RECEIVE oral update on FY14 Budget Development.
13. RECEIVE AND FILE report on progress on budget themes and performance metrics. [HANDOUT]
14. RECEIVE AND FILE the second quarter financial performance for Fiscal Year 2013 budget. [HANDOUT]
(CARRIED OVER FROM MARCH FINANCE, BUDGET AND AUDIT COMMITTEE)
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION