Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:15 a.m.
Call to Order
Don Knabe, Chair
Mark Ridley-Thomas, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
Sheraton Anaheim Hotel
900 South Disneyland Drive
Anaheim, CA 92802
44. RECEIVE report by the Caltrans District Director on Delivery of Projects on I-5.
45. WIDTHDRWAN: AUTHORIZE initiation of a pilot program for small business assistance for the Crenshaw/LAX Light Rail Transit Project, including consideration of the formation of a consortium of small business finance experts from federal, state, local and private sectors.
(ALSO ON PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE)
46. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute annual expenditure budget plan for the FY14 Annual Work Plan for City of Los Angeles.
A. increasing Life-of-Project (LOP) Budget for the Universal City Station Pedestrian Bridge
by $7,800,000 from $19,500,000 approved by the Board in June 2012 to $27,300,000; to $27,300,000, an increase of $7,800,000 from $19,500,000 approved by the Board in June 2012;
B. approving use of $7,800,000 fund sources as follows:
accepting a contribution of$3,900,000 contributed from NBC Universal that will go towards funding the $7,800,000 LOP increase; $2,500,000 Prop A 35% originally from Metro Orange Line/Expo Prop C 25% swap and; $1,400,000 Prop A 35% supplemental funds from Rail Preventative Maintenance;
C. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute a Contract Modification No. 7 to Contract PS-8510-2539, with Rios Clementi Hale Studios for Design Services during construction, in the not-to-exceed amount of $275,000, increasing the total contract price from $711,740 to $986,740.
This action does not increase the Life-of-Project Budget; and
D. approving an increase in Contract Modification Authority (CMA) for Contract PS-8510-2539 in the amount of
$305,000, increasing the total CMA from $626,017 to $931,017$30,217 for a total change of $305,000 in this action.
48. RECEIVE AND FILE the Los Angeles Construction Market Analysis report.
51. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION