Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
Don Knabe, Chair
Antonio Villaraigosa, Vice Chair
Vacant, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General County Counsel, General Counsel
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Communications Officer. (HANDOUT)
- RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
- SUPPORT a set of principles that would reenact the sales tax-gas tax swap package enacted in 2010.
- AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate salaries within the pay range for the following budgeted positions:
- Executive Officer, Project Support, pay grade AA ($134,378 - $167,972 - $201,567)
- Executive Officer, Countywide Planning and Development, pay grade AA ($134,378 - $167,972 - $201,567)
- Executive Director, Project Management Oversight, pay grade BB ($142,641 - $178,301 - $ 213,962)
- Chief Administrative Services Officer, pay grade BB ($142,641 - $178,301 - $213,962)
- APPROVE expenditure of $200,000 to prepare an update to the Disparity Study to include procurements completed during the fiscal years 2008 through 2010.
- RECEIVE oral report on FTA's preliminary engineering approval notices for the Westside Extension and Regional Connector.|
(ALSO ON MEASURE R PROJECT DELIVERY COMMITTEE)
- RECEIVE AND FILE the Follow-Up Audit of Non-Competitive Procurements (11-ADM-O01).
- RECEIVE AND FILE report on the planned implementation of Metro's Student Field Trip Program. (HANDOUT)
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION