Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:30 a.m.
Call to Order
Michael D. Antonovich, Chair
Diane DuBois, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
38. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
39. RECEIVE report of the Chief Communications Officer.
40. RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
41. RECEIVE AND FILE update regarding amendments to AB 1446.
42. RECEIVE AND FILE a report on Metro's 2012 State Legislative program.
43. APPROVE federal legislative strategy to advance the second policy proposal embedded in America Fast Forward, the creation of a new class of qualified tax credit bonds for transportation projects. These qualified tax credit bonds would be referred to as America Fast Forward Transportation Bonds.
44. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to:
A. award fixed unit rate contracts, (PS13213001 A & B) to HSW Services and Small Business Enterprise Utilization Services for Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and Small Business Enterprise (SBE) certification services in an amount not-to-exceed a cumulative total of $2.6M. This is a six-year contract with a three year base and three one-year options; and
B. award contracts to additional qualified firms throughout the term of this contract to assist in the performance of this work.
46. APPROVE the official name change for the "Universal City" Metro Rail Station to "Universal City/Studio City." (REQUIRES 2/3 VOTE OF THE BOARD)
47. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate a salary within the pay range for the position of Deputy Executive Officer, Project Management, pay grade T ($126,309 – $157,903 – $189,496).
48. RECEIVE AND FILE report on Civil Rights Compliance Update.
49. RECEIVE AND FILE report responding to the September 27, 2012 Board Motion directing staff to provide a report on accelerating the Airport Metro Connector project including a strategic implementation plan, recommended advocacy efforts and comments on Los Angeles World Airport's airport's Specific Plan Amendment Study. [HANDOUT]
51. RECEIVE AND FILE status report on Project Labor Agreement and Construction Careers Policy prime contractor targeted worker reporting requirements.
52. RECEIVE oral TAP Working Group update.
70. CLOSED SESSION:
A. Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing Litigation – G.C. 54956.9(a)
1. LACMTA v. Parsons-Dillingham, Case Nos. BC150298, BC 179026
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION