Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
Richard Katz, Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
27. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
28. RECEIVE report of the Chief Communications Officer.
29. RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
30. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to implement the Gate Locking Plan.
31. WITHDRAWN: ADOPT a revised delegation of authority to the Chief Executive Officer for contract modifications on a sliding scale up to $5M per modification.
(CARRIED OVER FROM MARCH EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE)
- Adopting the Measure R Extension Principles;
- Reviewing and commenting on the Draft Ordinance;
- Reviewing and commenting on the Draft Resolution requesting the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors to place the Ordinance on the ballot for the November 6, 2012 countywide general election;
- Amending the FY13 budget to add $10 million to fund election costs and public information; and
- Receiving and filing information on the key milestones for placing a measure on the ballot.
34. RECEIVE AND FILE status report on progress toward implementing a 20-year revenue generating contract to provide cellular phone service in rail stations and tunnels.
36. RECEIVE oral TAP Working Group update.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION