Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:30 a.m.
Call to Order
Michael D. Antonovich, Chair
Diane DuBois, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General, County Counsel, General Counsel
54. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
55. RECEIVE report of the Chief Communications Officer.
56. RECEIVE oral TAP Working Group update.
57. RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
58. ADOPT staff recommended positions on state legislation:
66. ADOPT staff recommended position:
59. APPROVE amendments to Title 5, Chapters 5-10 and 5-20 of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Administrative Code, also known as the Board Code of Conduct and Contractors Code of Conduct.
60. ISSUE the appropriate notices to enable an amendment to the Measure R Expenditure Plan to advance "Funds Available Beginning" dates for transit corridor projects as shown in the Proposed Measure R Expenditure Plan.
A. approving proposed amendment to the Federal Fiscal Year 2013 through 2015 Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Overall Goal from 14.2% to 27% for Federal Transportation Administration (FTA) funded contracts, in accordance with Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 26.45; and
B. authorizing the CEO to submit DBE program waiver to the FTA Office of Civil Rights for limited application of race-conscious contract goals for ethnic groups that have been determined by the Disparity Study to have statistically significant disparities in contracting: African American, Asian-Pacific American, Subcontinent Asian, Hispanic American. The wavier shall also include Native Americans, who were, found to be an underutilized group; however, there were too few firms to test statistical significance.
62. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate modification to Contract No. PS63502579 for an amount not-to-exceed $712,000 to Zanett Commercial Solutions, Inc., to incorporate the development and implementation of a Vendor Certification and Labor Compliance Management System as an extension of the Contract Information Management System, increasing the contract value from $6,231,032 to a maximum of $6,943,032, and extending the period of performance from twenty-seven months to thirty-six months.
Official Station Name Operational Station Name
A. Palms Palms
B. Exposition/Westwood Expo/Westwood
C. Exposition/Sepulveda Expo/Sepulveda
D. Exposition/Bundy Expo/Bundy
E. 26th Street/Bergamot 26th St/Bergamot
F. 17th Street/Santa Monica College 17th St/SMC
G. Downtown Santa Monica Downtown Santa Monica
Any costs related to adopting these names will be borne by the Expo Construction Authority.
64. AMEND FY13 Budget for reorganization, integration and expansion of TAP to:
A. add nine (9) Non-contract Full-Time Equivalent (FTE's) to eliminate consultants and convert temporary employees to full time; and
B. add twelve (12) Full-Time Equivalent (FTE's) agency-wide to support gate latching, nine (9) contract FTE's and three (3) non-contract FTE's. [HANDOUT]
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION