Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:30 a.m.
Call to Order
Michael D. Antonovich, Chair
Diane DuBois, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
49. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
50. RECEIVE report of the Chief Communications Officer.
51. RECEIVE oral TAP Working Group update.
52. RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
53. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a contract under RFP# PS92402982 to AVI-SPL, the highest rated proposer, for the Boardroom Audio-Video System Upgrade in an amount not-to-exceed $974,000.
54. RECEIVE AND FILE results of the Disparity Study draft report.
55. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a 20-year revenuegenerating contract to InSite Wireless, LLC the highest-rated, responsive and responsible proposer to act as Neutral Host Provider for the Underground Cell Phone and Data Services Provider for a total minimum annual revenue guarantee of $360,000. This amount is subject to a 3% annual escalation.
56. AMEND Title 6, Chapter 6-05 of the LA County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Administrative Code, otherwise known as the Metro Customer Code. (ALSO ON SYSTEM SAFETY & OPERATIONS COMMITTEE)
59. CONSIDER adopting:
a. AB 160 (Alejo) – would exempt from the Public Employees' Pension Reform Act, by exempting from the definition of public retirement system, employer plans whose employees' collective bargaining rights are protected by a specific provision of federal law. NEUTRAL WORK WITH AUTHOR; and
b. SCA 4 (Liu) and SCA 8 (Corbett) – would provide that the imposition, extension, or increase of a special tax by a local government for the purpose of providing funding for transportation projects requires 55% approval. SUPPORT
60. RECEIVE AND FILE report on the proposed measure sought by the Los Angeles County Flood District to impose an annual fee on MTA-owned property within the District.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION