Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
John Fasana, Chair
Mark Ridley-Thomas, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
A. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to execute Amendment No. 1 of Funding Agreement No. 12R514000 with the California Highway Patrol to provide enforcement services on the I-10 and I-110 ExpressLanesin an amount not to exceed $2,533,070, increasing the Total Funding Agreement from $1,994,284 to $4,527,354; and
B. approving an increase to the FY14 budget in the amount of $844,356.
A. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to exercise Option 4.1, Additional Year of Operation and Maintenance – Year 1, Modification No. 44 for Contract No. PS092210233 with Atkinson Contractors, LP in the amount of $3,024,000, increasing the Total Contract Price from $91,642,414 to $94,666,414. This action does not increase the Life-of-Project Budget and does not commit the Board to making the ExpressLanes permanent;
B. authorizing the CEO to negotiate and execute the following contract modifications:
1. Contract Modification No. 45 for additional account support in an amount not to exceed $2,900,000;
2. Contract Modification No. 46 for additional transponders and retail packaging in an amount not to exceed $1,350,000; and
3. Contract Modification No. 47 for additional mailing costs in an amount not to exceed $1,700,000.
The total not-to-exceed amount of these Contract Modifications will increase the total contract price from $94,666,414 to $100,616,414. These actions do not increase the Life-of-Project Budget.
C. approving an increase in Contract Modification Authority (CMA) for Contract PS0922102333, Atkinson Contractors, LP in the amount of $10,228,862, increasing the total CMA from $21,133,850 to $31,392,712 to cover the costs of the recommended modifications above and pending and future changes.
7. APPROVE the Metro ExpressLanes Net Toll Revenues ReInvestment Grant Application Packagewhich includes the Application and the Project Eligibility Guidelines for Round 1 of the Reinvestment of Net Toll Revenues.
8. MAINTAIN the existing Equity Plan Account low-income threshold of double the United States Department of Health & Human Services’ federal poverty guidelines and increase outreach and marketing to eligible households. [HANDOUT]
(CARRIED OVER FROM THE NOVEMBER COMMITTEE CYCLE)
9. RECEIVE AND FILE update on the ExpressLanes monthly account maintenance fee for the Los Angeles County Congestion Reduction Demonstration Program.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION