Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, November 16, 2011 10:00 a.m.
Call to Order
Pam O'Connor, Chair
Jacki Bacharach, South Bay Council of
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
5. RECEIVE oral presentation on AQMD's Air Quality Related Energy Policy.
6. RECEIVE oral report on Southern California Draft 2012 Regional Transportation Plan/Sustainable Communities Strategy.
7. RECEIVE oral Project Briefing on Sustainable Communities Planning Framework.
8. RECEIVE oral report on Strategies to Catalyze Transit-Oriented Development through Joint Development.
9. ADOPT the resolution authorizing the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to submit a grant application for the Urban Greening Plan for Park and Ride Lots, and take related actions in the execution and implementation of the program as required by the State of California Strategic Growth Council.
10. RECEIVE AND FILE the Active Transportation Agenda including short and longer-term strategies for promoting walking and biking.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented
and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a
future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action
because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action
came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN
COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION