Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, November 18, 2010 2:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Pam O’Connor, Chair
Jacki Bacharach, South Bay Council of Governments
Stephanie Negriff, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus
Vacant, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General County Counsel, General Counsel
- Chair’s Report.
- RECEIVE oral report on the development of a planning framework to guide, assess, and align MTA's plans, programs and projects with the regional and subregional Sustainable Communities Strategies.
- RECEIVE oral report from the Southern California Association of Governments on the implementation of Senate Bill (SB) 375, the regional greenhouse gas reduction targets, and the process for developing the regional Sustainable Communities Strategy.
- RECEIVE oral report from the Gateway Cities Council of Governments on their process for developing their subregional Sustainable Communities Strategy pursuant to Senate Bill (SB) 375.
- RECEIVE oral report on a study released by UBS Wealth Management Research (WMR) arguing that resource scarcities can have adverse environmental and social consequences for emerging markets and act as a drag on their growth.
- RECEIVE AND FILE status report on the 2011 Call for Projects criteria section addressing Land Use and Sustainability Policies/Principles (HANDOUT).
- RECEIVE AND FILE report on the countywide partnership and program developed to apply for the U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Fiscal Year 2010 Sustainable Communities Regional Planning Grant Program.
- RECEIVE update on Metro Sustainability Project Implementation.
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION