Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, May 21, 2015 10:15 a.m.
Call to Order
Don Knabe, Chair
Jacquelyn Dupont-Walker, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Phillip Washington, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Acting Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
41. APPROVE Design Option 3 for the Crenshaw/LAX track alignment to accommodate the future Airport Metro Connector transit station.
(ALSO ON PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE)
42. RECEIVE AND FILE monthly report on Crenshaw/LAX safety.
A. approving an increase in Life-of-Project budget for Division 16: Southwestern Yard Project Life-of-Project budget in the amount of $22.0 million increasing the LOP from $285.2 million to $307.2 million to complete final design and construction of the Southwestern Yard Project; and
B. awarding a firm fixed price contract under Contract No. C0991, to Hensel Phelps/Herzog JV for the final design and construction of Division 16: Southwestern Yard, in the amount of $172,312,697, which includes $163,565,200 for base scope, $5,210,000 for provisional sums and $3,537,497 for two options, subject to resolution of any timely protests.
45. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to establish Life of Project budgets totaling $141,545,000 for three capital projects to construct two freeway sound wall projects and extend one existing sound wall according to the cash flow plan:
A. Capital Project 460323 Sound Wall Package 10: The I-210 Freeway from Santa Anita in the City of Arcadia to Fair Oaks in the City of Pasadena the amount of $50,862,000;
B. Capital Project 460321 Sound Wall Package 07: Route 134 extends recently completed Sound Wall No. 260 from Placidia Avenue to Sancola Avenue in the amount of $1,500,000. Because it is not economical or cost effective to design and construct a segment of a sound wall from Package 7 as a stand-alone project, the construction contract for Sound Wall Package 07 will be issued with Sound Wall Package 10 Project; and
C. Capital Project 460324 Sound Wall Package 11: Route 170 from Riverside Drive to Sherman Way and Route 405 at Stagg Street in the amount of $89,183,000.
46. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to enter into a stipend agreement with each of the pre-qualified proposers for the Westside Purple Line Extension Section 2 Project, in an amount of $1,500,000 per stipend agreement for the unsuccessful responsive and responsible proposers.
47. WITHDRAWN: APPROVE an increase to the Life-of-Project budget by $115 million, for the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project increasing the LOP budget from $1,141.4 million to $1,256.4 million, subject to availability of federal Regional Surface Transportation Program funds.
A. finding that awarding a design-build contract pursuant to Public Utilities Code section 130242 (a) will achieve certain private sector efficiencies in the integration of design, project work, and components related to real property renovation, improvements, and construction work at Metro transit facilities in Los Angeles County as defined by the type of projects;
(REQUIRES TWO-THIRDS VOTE)
B. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to solicit and award design-build contracts for renovations, improvements, and construction at Metro transit facilities, pursuant to Public Utilities Code Section 130242.
49. WITHDRAWN: AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to award a 28-month firm fixed price contract, under Invitation for Bid No. C1078, with Clark Construction Group, the lowest responsive and responsible bidder for the final design and construction of the Maintenance of Way/Non-Revenue Vehicle Maintenance Building to be constructed as part of the Division 20 Yard and Shops expansion for a firm fixed price of $52,830,310.
A. authorizing a Contract Modification No 47 by Caltrans for Segment 3 construction contract of the I-5 North Capacity Enhancements from SR-134 to SR-118 under Funding Agreement No. MOU. P0008355/8501 A/A5, in the amount of $1,500,000 without an increase in the project budget or contract value; The contract value of this project remains $405,575,000; and
B. authorizing a Contract Modification No. 80 (aka Contract Change Order, CCO 80) by Caltrans for Segment 1 construction contract of the I-5 South HOV Widening from I-605 to Orange County Line under the Funding Agreement No. MOU.P0004292 A/A2, in the amount of $822,444 without an increase in the project budget or contract value. The contract value of this project remains $108,771,000.
51. WITHDRAWN: AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute a cost-plus-fixed-fee Contract No. PS2415-3412 with STV, Inc. for the Brighton to Roxford Double Track Project in the amount of $13,594,016, inclusive of all design phases. This contract is for three years.
52. APPROVE recommended incentives for meeting or exceeding the goals of Metro’s Project Labor Agreement and Construction Careers Policy; and the recommended changes to Metro’s Federal Legislative Program.
(ALSO ON EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE)
A. increasing the Life-of-Project budget for Project 809081, Red Line Segment 2 Close-out in the amount of $2,143,403, increasing the previous authorization amount of $29,367,000 to $31,510,403; and
B. amending the FY15 budget to add $2,143,403 to Project 809081, Red Line Segment 2 Close-out.
53. RECEIVE AND FILE status update report:
A. on the Project Labor Agreement and Construction Careers policy programs for activity through March 2015; and
B. on the 12-Month Pilot Local Hire Initiative.
(ALSO ON EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE)
55. RECEIVE oral report on Transit Project Budget and Schedule Status.
56. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION