Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, November 6, 2014 10:15 a.m.
Call to Order
Don Knabe, Chair
Jacquelyn Dupont-Walker, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Acting Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
33. RECEIVE report by the Caltrans District Director on Delivery of Projects on I-5.
34. WITHDRAWN: AUTHORIZE a programmatic Contract Modification No. 46 (Contract Change Order, CCO No. 46 with State of California, Department of Transportation (Caltrans)) for Funding Agreement No. MOU. P0008355/8501 A/A5 in an amount not to exceed $5,000,000, for a change in the original construction staging schedule, changes in the construction of retaining wall #25 and retaining wall #26, and the completion of work on the foundation of the Buena Vista and Burbank Bridges without an increase in the project budget and to continue construction and minimize project delays.
A. authorizing an increase to the total contract value for Contract No. PS100800-2641 with MARRS Services, Inc., to provide Construction Management Consultant Support Services, in an amount not to exceed $4,288,000, increasing the total contract value from $5,600,000 to $9,888,000; and
B. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to execute individual Task Orders and Modifications within the Board approved contract value.
36. APPROVE an increase in Contract Modification Authority to Contract C1055, Advanced Utility Relocations (Wilshire/Fairfax Station), to provide funding for differing site conditions related to unknown and abandoned utilities, for re-sequencing of work due to utility interferences, and for a noise mitigation sound wall at the Wilshire/Crenshaw laydown yard, in the amount of $2,070,123 increasing the current CMA from $1,443,00 to $3,513,123.
37. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute:
A. contract modifications to Contract C0988 with Walsh/Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC), to design and construct extended tracks in the vicinity of Arbor Vitae in an amount not to exceed $5,500,000, increasing the total contract value from $1,284,592,327 to $1,290,092,327; and
B. contract modifications to Contract No. C0988 with WSCC, to design and construct supplemental at-grade guideway lighting in an amount not to exceed $2,500,000, increasing the total contract value from $1,290,092,327 to $1,292,592,327.
authorizing an increase to the total contract value for Contract No. PS12861006 to MLM Project Services, Inc. to provide software system hosting services for the Project Management Information System until December 2016 in the amount of $476,750 increasing the total contract value from $343,261 to $820,011; and
establishing an increase in Contract Modification Authority in an amount not to exceed $200,000 increasing the total Contract Modification Authority from $100,000 and authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to execute individual Contract Modifications within the Board approved Contract Modification Authority.
A. repealing Metro’s Administrative Code Section 4-15, Processing of Construction Change Orders, also known as the Construction Change Order Ordinance;
B. adopting a new Construction Change Order Policy;
C. establishing Construction Contract Modification Authority thresholds; and
D. implementing the Construction Change Order Prompt Payment Reform initiative to lead to more timely payments to prime contractors and subcontractors.
(CARRIED OVER FROM OCTOBER BOARD CYCLE)
40. APPROVE Motion by Director Najarian that the CEO:
A. direct staff to explore new services from North Hollywood Station to Burbank Airport to establishing new bus service between the North Hollywood Red/Orange Line Stations, through Bob Hope Airport, and the Lake Avenue Pasadena Gold Line Station and report back at November’ the January Board Meeting on the proposed route; and
B. explore funding sources, including but not limited to Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Program with startup service beginning in January February 2015.
A. pursuing acceleration of up to $33.2 million in federal Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality funds and Measure R Transit Sub-funds currently planned for the Airport Metro Connector project in Fiscal Years 2024 and 2025 to cover the cost of accommodations implemented as part of the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project (Crenshaw/LAX) and design of the new station;
B. renaming the Airport Metro Connector project to “LAX Gateway Station; and
C. receiving and filing:
1. preliminary project schedule, developed in coordination with Los Angeles World Airports, for the environmental review phase only; and
2. status report on the station design guidelines directed by the Board in June 2014.
(ALSO ON PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE)
A. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to amend the FY15 budget to add one FTE for the Director, Business Interruption Fund Program;
B. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate a two-year with two one-year options, sole source contact for an amount of 4.5% of the annual Business Interruption Fund amount, with Pacific Coast Regional to serve as the fund administrator;
C. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate a modification to contract PS05312717 with Carl Warren & Company for claims staffing support for an amount not to exceed $1.4 million for a period of two years;
D. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate a modification to contract PS53101807 with Computer Science Corporation for claims system software and service for an amount not to exceed $250,000;
E. receiving and filing the draft Business Interruption Fund Program Guidelines and Application; and
F. receiving and filing the Measure R Cost Management Process and Policy Analysis.
41. RECEIVE AND FILE status on the Project Labor Agreement and Construction Careers Policy programs on the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor project for activity through September 20, 2014.
(ALSO ON EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE)
62. RECEIVE oral report of the Chief Executive Officer on Construction Management Services in response to Yaroslavky, O’Connor and Najarian June 2014 motion.
44. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION