Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, November 21, 2013 10:15 a.m.
Call to Order
Don Knabe, Chair
Mark Ridley-Thomas, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
42. RECEIVE report by the Caltrans District Director on Delivery of Projects on I-5.
a. approving the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) to undertake a parallel design and to subsequently fund the construction of modifications to, and in the immediate vicinity of, the Crenshaw/LAX Aviation/Century Station to accommodate elements of LAWA's Specific Plan Amendment Study;
b. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to negotiate and execute contract modification(s) to Contract C0988 with Walsh/Shea Corridor Constructors, for the parallel design of modifications to, and in the vicinity of, the Aviation/Century Station in an amount not to exceed $1,034,678, increasing the total contract value from $1,272,632,356 to $1,273,667,034.
c. authorizing the CEO to negotiate and execute a contract modification to Contract C0988 with Walsh/Shea Corridor Constructors, for the construction of agreed modifications to, and in the vicinity of the Aviation/Century Station, subject to the terms of the MOU, in an amount not to exceed $1,666,444, increasing the total contract value from $1,273,667,034 to $1,275,333,478; and
d. approving an increase in Contract Modification Authority (CMA) for Contract No. C0988 in the amount of $436,757 increasing the total CMA from $127,263,236 to $127,699,993.
44. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute multiple change orders to Contract No. C0882 with Kiewit Infrastructure West Company, for settlement of Claim No. 60 for design and Claim No. 68 for construction of additional ramp capacities to meet year 2031 traffic volumes, in an amount not to exceed $3,985,938, increasing the total contract value from $885,092,213 to $889,078,151. Requested funds are within the Life-of-Project budget.
45. AUTHORIZE the:
a. leasing of office space for construction field office to support the construction of the Westside Purple Line Extension (Section 1) Project; and
b. Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to execute a ten (10) year lease agreement, including up to two (2) one (1) year options, with DSG Wilshire, LLC for the rental of office space and associated parking in an office building located at 5055 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA commencing March 1, 2014 at an estimated rental cost of $4.4 million (rounded) over the initial 10 year term.
46. AWARD AND EXECUTE a firm fixed price Contract under Bid No. C0992 with Rocla Concrete Tie, Inc., the single responsive and responsible bidder for the procurement of 19,936 concrete ties and assembly items to support the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project for firm-fixed price of $2,161,297.
47. RECEIVE AND FILE status report on the Airport Metro Connector as directed by the Board in October 2013.
(ALSO ON PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE)
50. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION