Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order____________________
Don Knabe, Chair
Pam O’Connor, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
31. RECEIVE report by the Caltrans District Director on I-5 Project Delivery.
- finding that awarding design-build contracts pursuant to Public Utilities Code Section 130242 (a) will achieve private sector efficiencies in the integration of the design, project work, and components related to the construction and installation of reclaimed water lines along a portion of the Metro Orange Line alignment;
(REQUIRES TWO-THIRDS VOTE OF THE BOARD)
- authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to solicit and award design-build contracts for construction and installation of reclaimed water lines along a portion of the Metro Orange Line alignment, pursuant to Public Utilities Code Section 130242.
33. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute a Right of Entry Permit with Museum Associates, a California public benefit corporation (LACMA), for approximately twenty-one (21) months to construct, monitor and remove a Westside Subway Extension temporary exploratory shaft and to provide parking on property located at Wilshire Boulevard and South Ogden Drive in the City of Los Angeles, as described and depicted as Parcel A and Parcel B (the Property), commencing upon thirty days notice for an estimated cost of $1,166,626.00 plus other fees and expenses associated with occupancy of the Property.
34. AMEND FY13 budget to increase the Life-of-Project budget of the Metro Orange Line Bus Enhancement-Pedestrian Connector to North Hollywood Red Line Station project from $17,000,000 to $22,000,000 using $10,000,000 supplementary funding awarded by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) – Bus and Bus Facilities Program Funds exclusively for this project.
35. RECEIVE Transit Project Delivery Executive Director’s report.
36. RECEIVE oral report on Project Budget and Schedule Status.
(ALSO ON FINANCE, BUDGET AND AUDIT COMMITTEE)
37. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION