Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:15 a.m.
Call to Order
Don Knabe, Chair
Mark Ridley-Thomas, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Acting Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
46. RECEIVE report by the Caltrans District Director on Delivery of Projects on I-5.
47. APPROVE an increase in Contract Modification Authority (CMA) to Contract No. C0990 with Metro Builders and Engineers Group LTD., in the amount of $1,967,835, increasing the current CMA from $1,389,750 to $3,357,585. This action does not increase the Life of Project Budget.
48. CONSIDER finding that awarding design-build contracts pursuant to Public Utilities Code Section 130242 (a) will achieve private sector efficiencies in the integration of the design, project work and components of the Southwestern Yard Project (Division 16).
(REQUIRES TWO-THIRDS VOTE)
49. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute Contract Modification No. 21 to Contract No. E0119 with The Connector Partnership Joint Venture Inc. to continue providing Design Support Services During Construction through December 2014 for the Regional Connector Transit Corridor Project, for an amount not to exceed $3,661,804, increasing the total contract value from $47,447,377 to $51,109,181. This action does not increase Life of Project budget.
a. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to execute a one-year lease agreement commencing July 1, 2014, including five one-year options, with PBR Realty, LLC for the rental of approximately 59,076 square feet of land located at 703 E. Commercial Street, Los Angeles, at an estimated rental cost of $1,719,575 over the potential six-year term of the lease if all options are exercised; and
b. authorizing the expenditure of an additional $235,000 in FY15 for improvements to the leased property consisting of fencing, lighting and paving of the land to accommodate the storage of excavated soils pending disposition at an appropriate land fill site.
2. accommodations to the Crenshaw/LAX Line to provide grading and other site preparation work so as not to preclude the 96th Street Station. Staff will return to the July Board meeting for approval of the Crenshaw/LAX project Design/Build contract modification for this work. The accommodations would be funded by the Airport Metro Connector;
3. elimination of Alternative B – Through Intermodal Transportation Facility Connection and Alternative C1 – Stub-end Connection at Central Terminal Area East. In January 2014, the Board eliminated Alternatives C3 and C4 (through LAX) from further consideration in the environmental review process;
B. continuing the consideration of Alternatives A1 and A3 as viable alternatives should the Los Angeles World Airport’s Board of Airport Commissioners (BOAC) adopt a preferred Automated People Mover alternative that is not consistent with Alternative A2. A BOAC decision is anticipated in December 2014;
C. authorizing the Chief Executive Offer to increase the Contract Modification Authority specific to Contract No. PS114330-2636, Airport Metro Connector, with STV/PB ConnectLAX Joint Venture, in the amount of $600,000, to address unanticipated technical analysis that may arise during preparation of the Draft EIR and as part of coordination with LAWA and the Crenshaw/LAX project.
(ALSO ON PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE)
66. CONSIDER authorizing:
A. an increase to the total contract value for Contract No. MC069, with Stantec Consulting, Inc., to provide Construction Management Support Services in an amount not to exceed $10,806,000 for the first six months of the FY15 Work Program Funding,from $66,849,000 to $77,655,000; and
B. the Chief Executive Officer to execute individual Contract Work Orders and Modifications within the Board approved contract value.
(CARRIED OVER FROM MAY COMMITTEE CYCLE)
53. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION