Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, May 17, 2012 10:30 a.m.
Call to Order
Don Knabe, Chair
Mel Wilson, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
- RECEIVE report by the Caltrans District Director on Delivery of Project on I-5.
- Authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to execute Contract Modification No. 31 to Contract No. C0882, with Kiewit Infrastructure West Company, to increase funding for Contract Schedule C Provisional Items to perform Utility Work (Wet Utilities), Hazardous Materials Removal, Remediation and Disposal, Westwood Hills Mitigation and Restoration, and Maintenance during Construction, in the amount of $16,550,000, increasing the Total Contract Value from $777,968,227.49 to $794,518,227.49; and
- Approving an increase of $16,550,000 to the Contract No. C0882 Change Modification Authority from $76,900,700 to $93,450,700, with no change to the Project 405523 Life of Project budget.
- Authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute a five year labor-hour contract under RFP No. PS8610-2879 with Hill International, Inc., the most qualified Proposer, for Program Management Support and Implementation services, for an amount not to exceed of $16,071,824, inclusive of two one-year options;
- Approving Contract Modification Authority specific to Contract No. PS8610-2879 for 15% of the not-to-exceed contract award value; and
- Delegating to the CEO, should staff be unable to conclude negotiations with Hill International, Inc., the authority to negotiate and execute a contract with the next most qualified proposer.
- RECEIVE Transit Project Delivery Executive Director’s report.
- RECEIVE oral report on Project Budget and Schedule Status.
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION