Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, May 16, 2013 10:15 a.m.
Call to Order
Don Knabe, Chair
Pam O’Connor, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
35. RECEIVE report by the Caltrans District Director on Delivery of Projects on I-5.
A. authorizing the execution of a Settlement and Release Agreement between LACMTA and the Faithful Central Bible Church (FCBC) for construction of a private pedestrian undercrossing crossing in the vicinity of Eucalyptus Avenue;
B. approving and adopting project definition changes, CEQA Addendum and Findings; and
C. approving and adopting the second set of definition changes, CEQA Addendum and Findings.
37. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute Contract Modification No. 69 to Contract No. C0882, with Kiewit Infrastructure West Company (Kiewit), for $1,424,811 for redesign of the Mulholland Overcrossing (Bridge 22) in order to rephase demolition and construction, increasing the total contract value from $847,362,785 to $848,787,596 without a change to the LOP budget.
A. an increase to the Total Contract Value for Contract No. MC069, with Stantec Consulting, Inc. to provide Construction Management Support Services in an amount not-to-exceed $13,909,000 for the FY14 Annual Work Program Funding, from $52,940,000 to $66,849,000; and
B. the Chief Executive Officer to execute individual Contract Work Orders and Modifications within the Board approved contract value.
39. APPROVE an increase to the LOP budget by $78.7 million, increasing the LOP budget from $1,070.7 million to $1,149.4 million, subject to the funding transfers and borrowing strategies, the "Interstate 405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project Cost Management Process and Policy Evaluation."
13. WITHDRAWN - CONSIDER:
B. providing clear agency guidelines to aid in managing public expectations for the scope and breadth of project activities that may be conducted to address the rigors and impacts of construction as the projects proceed. (ALSO ON PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE) (CARRIED OVER FROM APRIL COMMITTEE CYCLE)
14. WITHDRAWN - RECEIVE AND FILE review of business assistance programs.
(ALSO ON PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE)
(CARRIED OVER FROM APRIL COMMITTEE CYCLE)
40. RECEIVE Transit Project Delivery Executive Director's Report.
(ALSO ON FINANCE, BUDGET AND AUDIT COMMITTEE)
41. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of Items not on the posted agenda, including: Items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; Items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or Items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON Items OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION