Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, May 15, 2014 10:15 a.m.
Call to Order
Don Knabe, Chair
Mark Ridley-Thomas, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Acting Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
A. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to execute a Change Modification No. 1 to Contract No. MC071, toWestside Extension Support Team (WEST) to continue providing Construction Management Support Services through FY15 for the Westside Purple Line Extension Project (Section 1), in an amount not-to-exceed $9,830,336, increasing the total contract value from $4,683,115 to $14,513,451; and,
B. establishing an increase in Contract Modification Authority in an amount not-to-exceed $983,034, increasing the total Contract Modification Authority from $702,467 to $1,685,501 and authorize the CEO to execute individual Contract Modifications within the Board approved Contract Modification Authority.
34. WITHDRAWN: AUTHORIZE:
A. an increase to the total contract value for Contract No. MC069, with Stantec Consulting, Inc., to provide Construction Management Support Services in an amount not-to-exceed $18,894,000 for the FY15 Annual Work Program funding from $66,849,000 to $85,743,000; and
B. the Chief Executive Officer to execute individual Contract Work Orders and Modifications within the Board approved contract value.
35. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute a Modification implementing a settlement agreement between Metro and Brutoco Construction and Engineering Company, Inc. for all outstanding requests for change and claims related to the Metro Orange Line Extension in the amount of $4,400,000, increasing the Contract Price from $88,410,707 to $92,810,707.
36. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to negotiate and execute contract modification to Contract C0988 withWalsh/Shea Corridor Constructors, to implement a Microbiologically influenced Corrosion fire suppression system in the underground tunnels and underground stations in an amount not-to-exceed $2,000,000 increasing the total contract value from $1,272,632,356 to $1,274,632,356.
37. REVIEW AND CONSIDER approval of the draft Metro Construction Committee charter.
38. RECEIVE AND FILE status report on the Airport Metro Connector and ongoing planning and coordination between Metro and Los Angeles World Airports.
(ALSO ON PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE)
41. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION