The proposed project is located in front of Los Angeles Union Station and on adjacent streets.
The proposed project includes the following elements:
- A separated pedestrian and bicycle path with mixing zones on the eastside of Alameda St between Cesar E. Chavez Av and Arcadia St
- Sidewalk widening on the eastside of Alameda St
- Street trees and lighting on both sides of Alameda St between Cesar E. Chavez Av and Arcadia St
- Curb and sidewalk replacement on the west side of Alameda Street
- Closure of the northern lane of Los Angeles St between Alameda St and El Pueblo crosswalk for an expanded pedestrian path
- Reconfigured driveway into Union Station, including a consolidated, raised crosswalk between Union Station and El Pueblo Historic Cultural Monument
- Two-way bicycle path and bicycle crossing on Los Angeles St
- The construction of an ADA – accessible pathway between Alameda and El Pueblo. Please note that this element is subject to final approval from Caltrans.
- Repurposing the existing northwestern Union Station parking lot into a new civic space with sustainability components
- Possibility for a small transit serving retail space
- Designated parking for El Pueblo tourist bus at the curb along the northern side of Arcadia St between Alameda St and Spring St.