The proposed project is located in front of Los Angeles Union Station and on adjacent streets.
The proposed project includes the following elements:
- A separated pedestrian and bicycle path with mixing zones on the eastside of Alameda St between Cesar E. Chavez Av and Arcadia St
- Sidewalk widening on the eastside of Alameda St
- Street trees and lighting on both sides of Alameda St between Cesar E. Chavez Av and Arcadia St
- Curb and sidewalk replacement on the west side of Alameda Street
- Removal of the northern lane of Los Angeles St between Alameda St and El Pueblo Historic Cultural Monument (El Pueblo) crosswalk to make space for an expanded pedestrian path
- Reconfigured driveway into Union Station
- Raised crosswalk between Union Station and El Pueblo
- Two-way bicycle path and bicycle crossing on Los Angeles St
- An ADA-accessible pathway between Alameda and El Pueblo.
- Repurposing the existing northwestern Union Station parking lot into a new civic space with sustainability features
- Designated parking for El Pueblo tourist buses during off-peak hours along the northern side of Arcadia St between Alameda St and Spring St.