The Los Angeles Union Station Forecourt and Esplanade Improvements project will enhance pedestrian and bicycle access and safety to and from Los Angeles Union Station and surrounding communities. This project implements a piece of the Connect US Action Plan , which was finalized in 2015 and identified active transportation improvement projects in the vicinity of Union Station to create safe access for people walking, bicycling and rolling to Union Station.
- In late August, Metro contractors will begin conducting utility investigations at the following locations:
To sign up to receive email updates on construction activities, email email@example.com.
Environmental Report Update
Metro has prepared the Addendum No. 2 to the Final Environmental Impact Report (Addendum) to capture design elements that have changed since the Metro Board Certified the Final EIR in 2018.
The Addendum encompasses the following changes:
- Sidewalk Realignment
- Maintaining southern crosswalk
- Historic streetlight replacement
- Lane striping/Traffic Signal Modifications
Los Angeles Street
- Maintaining left turn onto Alameda
- ADA accessible pathway
- Utility relocations
Metro is accepting public comment through August 26th, 2020.
You can submit public comments about the Addendum No. 2 by:
- Emailing Megan Nangle at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submitting your comments through our online comment form .
- Attending our virtual public meeting on Thursday, August 13.
A virtual public meeting will be held Thursday, August 13, 2020 from 6 – 7:30 p.m. to provide a project update, an update on the Addendum 2 to the Final Environmental Impact Report and an overview of the upcoming utility survey on Alameda and Los Angeles Streets.
When: Thursday, August 13, 2020
Time: 6-7:30 p.m.
Virtual Meeting Link : https://bit.ly/LAUSforecourtesplanade
If you don’t have access to a computer or internet, you can call in to listen to the meeting. You will be able to ask the presenters questions.
- For English speakers, please call (877) 422-8614, conference ID 4770364#
- For Spanish speakers, we will be providing live Spanish interpretation. Please call (877) 422-8614, conference ID 4770366#
- ADA accommodations and translations are available by calling 213.326.1787 at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting.