1) Insurance Requirements. Licensee must provide a Certificate of Insurance evidencing coverage on an Acord (or equivalent) form. The Certificate must name Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) as an additional insured, and include the following insurance requirements:
Minimum scope of insurance:
Coverage shall be at least as broad as:
- Insurance Services Office Commercial General Liability coverage (occurrence form CG0001 or equivalent)
- Insurance Services Office form number CA0001 (or equivalent) covering Automobile Liability, code 1 (any auto).
- Workers’ Compensation insurance as required by the State of California and Employer’s Liability Insurance.
Minimum limits of insurance
Licensee shall maintain limits no less than:
- General Liability: $2,000,000 per occurrence for bodily injury, personal injury and property damage.
- Automobile Liability: $1,000,000 per accident for bodily injury and property damage.
- Workers’ Compensation to comply with California’s statutory requirements.
Other insurance provisions:
The insurance policies required per the terms of the contract are to contain, or be endorsed to contain, the following provisions:
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro), The Hollywood Location Company, Inc. and their respective subsidiaries, officials, officers, agents and employees are to be covered as additional insureds as respects liability arising out of the activities performed by or on behalf of the Licensee; products and completed operations of the Licensee; premises owned, occupied or used by the Licensee; or automobiles owned leased, hired or borrowed by the Licensee. The general liability coverage shall also include contractual, personal injury, independent contractors and broad form property damage liability. The coverage shall contain no special limitations on the scope of protection afforded to Metro, its subsidiaries, officials and employees.
- For any claims related to this project, the Licensee’s insurance coverage shall be primary insurance as respects Metro, its subsidiaries, officials and employees. Any insurance or self-insurance maintained by Metro shall be excess of the Licensee’s insurance and shall not contribute with it.
- Any failure to comply with reporting or other provisions of the policies including breaches of warranties shall not affect coverage provided to Metro, its subsidiaries, officials and employees.
- The Licensee’s insurance shall apply separately to each insured against whom claim is made or suit is brought, except with respect to the limits of the insurer’s liability.
- Each insurance policy required by this clause shall be endorsed to state that coverage shall not be suspended, voided, canceled by either party, reduced in coverage or in limits except after thirty (30) days prior written notice has been given to Metro.
- Workers’ Compensation and Employer’s Liability policies shall provide a waiver of subrogation in favor of Metro.
- Licensee shall endeavor to ensure coverage is not excluded for activities within fifty feet of rail operations by the commercial general liability policy.
Deductibles and self-insured retentions:
Any deductibles or self-insured retentions must be declared to, and amounts over $25,000 approved by Metro.
Acceptability of insurers:
Insurance is to be placed with California admitted insurers with a current A.M. Best’s rating of no less than A- VII, unless otherwise approved by Metro.
Verification of coverage:
Licensee shall furnish Metro with original endorsements and certificates of insurance evidencing coverage required by this clause. All documents are to be signed by a person authorized by that insurer to bind coverage on its behalf. All documents are to be received and approved by Metro before work commences. If requested by Metro, the Licensee shall submit copies of all required insurance policies, including endorsements affecting the coverage required by these specifications.
Licensee shall include all subcontractors as insured under its policies or shall furnish separate certificates and endorsement for each subcontractor. All coverage for subcontractors shall be subject to all of the requirements stated herein. If requested by Metro, the Licensee shall submit copies of all required insurance policies, including endorsements affecting the coverage required by these specifications.
2) A copy of LICENSEE's insurance company's endorsement naming Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority and The Hollywood Location Company, Inc. as additional insured and waiver of subrogation as required for workers’ compensation.