Metro Art Newsletter
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive updates and information about events, public art opportunities and workshops for artists. SUBSCRIBE NOW!
Call to Arts Organizations
Veterans Legacy Art Project: Community Programming + Artwork Design Services
Deadline: Friday, August 27 at 5:00pm (PST) via SlideRoom
Metro Arts & Design invites arts organizations to submit qualifications for community programming and artwork design services for an original mosaic mural artwork at a site adjacent to the forthcoming Westwood/VA Hospital Station as part of the Westside Purple (D Line) Extension Project. The selected arts organization will identify and collaborate with a lead artist to develop community programming that will inform the design of the mosaic mural, with input and support from the veteran community.
- For complete information on applying to the opportunity, and the link to the application, review the Request for Qualifications .
- To access the SlideRoom application directly, please click here .
- A list of questions and answers will be updated periodically. Read the latest version here (updated: 7/162021).
An info session on the Veterans Legacy Art Project was held on Zoom on Thursday, July 1 from 2-4pm. Watch the recording below.
Artist and Musician Resources for COVID-19
Los Angeles County Department of Arts and Culture has compiled an ongoing list of COVID-19 resources that may be of assistance to visual and performing artists during COVID-19. Concurrently, the City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs is offering an updated wide-ranging directory of arts resources including education for kids and teens, virtual art experiences, agency resources and more. Metro Art also includes a regularly updated list of resources for artist and musician support in our email newsletter.
- LA County Department of Arts and Culture: Arts and Culture Digital Resource Center
- City of Los Angeles Arts Resources During COVID-19