Face Covering Required
Metro requires all riders on buses and trains to wear a face covering and asks you to keep a safe social distance from others as much as possible. Please do your best to ensure that your mask covers your nose and mouth. If you need more information on how to properly wear your mark or learn about the health benefits, please check out the Center for Disease and Control and Prevention.
Metro is asking that all riders do their best to practice social distancing once aboard the bus and train. Spread out and try to stay at least six feet from other riders as much as possible.
To assist with social distancing, all Metro Bus riders must board and exit through rear doors only. The front door will remain available to wheelchair riders and those who need the wheelchair ramp. If you are using the bike rack, please let the bus operator know before exiting the bus — to give you time to get your bike off the rack at the front of the bus.
NOTE: While you are not expected to use the fare box or TAP validator at the front of the bus, please be in possession of fare during travel.
Planning your trip
Take the time to plan your trip. All Metro bus and rail timetables can be found here — scroll down each timetable until you see the page for ‘Sunday’ service. For lines that do not have Sunday service, adjusted timetables can be found here.
Consult the trip planner on Google Maps to plan for future trips. Use the “leave now” tab to choose the day and time of your trip.
Partial Station Entrance Closures
In an effort to conserve critical cleaning supplies, PPE and staffing resources, Metro will begin closing select entrances to B/D Line (Red/Purple) subway stations where multiple entrances are available. All stations will remain ADA accessible with station elevator access and trains will continue to serve all stations. Signage will direct customers to nearby alternate entrances and exits.
- Starting April 24, Union Station Alameda/West Portal entrance will be closed, use Vignes/East Portal.
- Starting April 27, Westlake/MacArthur Station North Portal/99 Cent Store entrance will be closed, use south entrance.
- Starting April 27, Vermont/Santa Monica Station Willow Brook/LACC Portal entrance will be closed, use main entrance.
- Starting April 27, Universal City/Studio City Station park & ride/Citywalk entrance will be closed, use bus plaza entrance.
- Starting April 28, Civic Center/Grand Park Station 1st Street entrance will be closed, use Temple Street entrance.
- Starting April 28, Pershing Square Station 4th NW/Angels Flight entrance will be closed, use 4th Street NE entrance.
- Starting April 28, 7th St/Metro Center Hope Street/Qdoba/Dunkin entrance will be closed, use Flower Street and Figueroa Street entrances.