Metro (the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority) is unique among the nation’s transportation agencies. We serve as transportation planner and coordinator, designer, builder and operator for one of the country’s largest, most populous counties. More than 9.6 million people – nearly one-third of California’s residents – live, work, and play within our 1,433-square-mile service area.
Metro provides excellence in service and support.
Metro is responsible for the continuous improvement of an efficient and effective transportation system for Los Angeles County
We commit to ensure that our employees, passengers and the general public’s safety is always our first consideration.
Service Excellence: We commit to provide safe, clean, reliable, on-time, courteous service for our clients and customers.
Workforce Development: We commit to make Metro a learning organization that attracts, develops, motivates and retains a world class workforce.
Fiscal Responsibility: We commit to manage every tax payer and customer-generated dollar as if it were coming from our own pocket.
Innovation and Technology: We commit to actively participate in identifying best practices for continuous improvement.
Sustainability: We commit to reduce, re-use and recycle all internal resources and reduce green house gas emissions.
Integrity: We commit to rely on the professional ethics and honesty of every Metro employee.
Teamwork: We commit to actively blend our individual talents to achieve world-class performance and service.
Core Business Goals
1. Advance safety and security for our customers, the public and Metro employees.
2. Exercise fiscal discipline to ensure financial stability.
3. Plan and deliver capital projects on time and on budget while increasing opportunities for small business development and innovation.
4. Improve the customer experience and expand access to transportation options.
5. Increase transit use and ridership.
6. Implement an industry-leading state of good repair program.
7. Invest in workforce development.
8. Promote extraordinary innovation.
For specific figures on Metro ridership, service miles and more, visit facts at a glance .