Skip to Content
Search

Accessibility Advisory Committee (AAC) - March 2018 Agenda and February 2018 Minutes

Thursday, March 8, 2018 – 10:30 AM
AGENDA

Accessibility Advisory Committee (AAC)

One Gateway Plaza
3 rd Floor – Gateway Conference Room

1

CALL TO ORDER: Self-Introductions/Housekeeping Items

10:30 – 10:35 am

Daniel Garcia, Chair

2

ACTION: Approval of February 8, 2018 Meeting Minutes

10:35 – 10:40 am

Daniel Garcia, Chair

3

PRESENTATION: Service Excellence Awards

10:40 – 10:50 am

Daniel Garcia, Chair

4

INFORMATION : Bus & Rail Vehicle Configuration

10:50 – 11:10 am

Daniel Levy, Metro

5

INFORMATION: Access Services Eligibility Process & New “Where’s My Ride” (WMR) System App

11:10 – 11:35 am

F Scott Jewel, Access Services

Ruben Prieto, Access Services

BREAK

11:35 – 11:45 am

6

INFORMATION: Metro’s “On the Move” Program

11:45 am – 12:05 pm

Lilly Ortiz, Metro

7

NEW BUSINESS: Raised Subsequent to the Posting of the Agenda

12:05 – 12:20 pm

Daniel Garcia, Chair

8

PUBLIC COMMENT

12:20 – 12:30 pm

Daniel Garcia, Chair

(2 minutes per speaker)

9

ADJOURNMENT

12:30 pm

Daniel Garcia, Chair

TO REQUEST ACCESSIBILITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE AGENDAS IN ALTERNATIVE FORMATS, PLEASE CALL 213.922.6919. LIVE CAPTION IS PROVIDED AT EVERY COMMITTEE MEETING.

Meeting Minutes for February 8, 2018

Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Accessibility Advisory Committee

Members in Attendance:

Kathleen Barajas
Ellen Blackman
Frank Chavez
Victor Dominguez
Karen Esquival-Mayes
Tina Foafoa
Daniel Garcia (Chair)
Tonni Yee-Hemphill
Linda Keeney
John Mavis
Mark Panitz
Jared Rimer (First Vice-Chair)
Cynde Soto

Excused:

Artemio Ambrosio
Kevin Dixon
Christine Leahey
Liz Lyons (Second Vice-Chair)
Ben Rockwell

Absent:

Blanca Angulo
Edward Williams

1. Call to order

Chair Daniel Garcia called the meeting to order at 10:30 am. Paula Guevara, Accessibility Program Manager, announced that there is a new team of Personal Care Attendants (PCAs) that will be assisting with committee member needs during the meeting. The PCAs were introduced.

2. ACTION: Approval of October 2017 Meeting Minutes

The minutes from the October 2017 meeting were approved by majority vote.

3. ACTION: Approval of November 2017 Meeting Minutes

Richard Stanley recommended that the November 2017 minutes indicate that the meeting was a retreat. The minutes from the November 2017 meeting were approved as corrected by majority vote.

4. PRESENTATION: Service Excellence Awards

Paula Guevara, Accessibility Program Manager, introduced the “Wheelchair Securement Finale” video. She explained that the video shows the top performers from each division competing for first place in wheelchair securement. The video was also shown at the Employee Awards Ceremony, which was held on February 2, 2018. The top three winners will be recognized during the March Accessibility Advisory Committee meeting.

5. PRESENTATION: TAP Card Changes

David Sutton, Executive Officer for TAP, provided an update on some of Metro’s new TAP technologies that are on the horizon, including the TAP wallet and a virtual TAP card. David Sutton also mentioned that his team is looking at other potential TAP products, such as key fobs and stretchy wristbands. He mentioned that his team will come back to the group to discuss more about the topic and get the committee’s input.

6. PRESENTATION: Vehicle Configuration

Presentation moved to March 8, 2018 meeting.

MEETING BREAKS AT 11:34 A.M.; MEETING RESUMES AT 11:41 A.M.

7. INFORMATION: Bike Share Program

Jenny Cristales-Cevallo, Transportation Planning Manager, presented to the committee information on Metro’s Bike Share Program and some of the current projects under the program. Current projects include improving the program’s fare structure and taking a look at other existing programs across the United States to find ways to make Metro’s Bike Share Program more accessible for people with various abilities. Jenny Cristales-Cevallo welcomed feedback from the committee members.

8. NEW BUSINESS

Armando Roman, Accessibility Analyst, announced to the committee that Metro will have a booth at the upcoming Abilities Expo, which will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center from February 23 to February 25. He encouraged committee members to stop by and say hello to staff.

9. PUBLIC COMMENT

Richard Stanley, member of the public, mentioned that he noticed that the live captioning monitors were not properly working. Paula Guevara, Accessibility Program Manager, apologized and let the committee know that there have been technical glitches and that the ITS team has been working diligently to resolve the issue.

Ryan Cowell, member of the public, recommended that Metro’s bus fleet be equipped with “stop request” strings in the priority seating area because it can be difficult for some riders to press the available “stop request” button when requesting to exit at a particular stop.

10. ADJOURNMENT

The meeting was adjourned at 12:28 PM

Share this page on
Advertisement
Close Search Window

Search metro.net, The Source, and El Pasajero