- Metro Takes Me Everywhere
- Created by Eric T in Cultural on June 25, 2012 6:17 p.m.
I ride Metro everyday not only because it is convenient but also because it is relaxing and it gives me the chance to meet new people. This is nice especially since I do not have a car. I love the ...
- Volunteer Work with Homeless Youth
- Created by Danielle S. in Cultural on June 23, 2011 11:03 a.m.
Metro takes me to Hollywood, to the boulevard of broken dreams. I give bagged lunches and a listening ear to runaway teens. Sometimes I can send them home. Sometimes there is no home to send them to. I would love ...
- Jail Weddings on the Bus
- Created by Katya H. in Cultural on June 13, 2011 12:31 p.m.
- Metro takes me from my dinky apartment to my crappy job where I slave away so that rich corporate jerks can get rich off of my efforts. Sometimes the bus takes me to museums as it will this week when ...
- Created by Claudia M. in Work on June 06, 2011 12:37 p.m.
- Metro takes me to work every single day from Montebello to West Hollywood.
- Steps Closer to My Dream
- Created by Min K. in Work on May 11, 2011 10:43 a.m.
- Since I dropped out from the University of Las Vegas due to escalating tuition, I had to look for a job in Los Angeles. Once I got the job, I needed a ride to get me to work. Thanks to ...
- Elevator Safety Engineer Who Rides Metro
- Created by Cem Ozalpasan in Work on May 06, 2011 5:19 p.m.
I have been riding Metro for almost six years now. I am so happy with your professional service, security and on-time performance. I cannot think what life would be like without the Metro System in Los Angeles. Keep up the ...
- The Girl With the Backpack
- Created by Gina S. in Neighborhood on April 18, 2011 7:34 p.m.
When I decided to try life in Los Angeles without a car, I knew I was embarking on a challenging adventure, and that Metro would be the key to making it all work. I moved to Koreatown to be near ...
- My Angel
- Created by Angel in Cultural on April 15, 2011 6:13 p.m.
I went to Malibu and Long Beach recently using Metro. Also, today I saw you guys introducing the Griffith Observatory as accessible by the Red Line and LADOT bus on weekends. I'm so happy now because I can go there! ...
- Studying on My Way to School
- Created by Stephen L. in Work on April 13, 2011 9:25 p.m.
I go to UCLA, where parking is a nightmare. Instead of a stressful commute, I have more time to study while riding Metro.
- Freedom For Foodies
- Created by Reed B in Dining on April 07, 2011 3:51 p.m.
As a self-proclaimed foodie, I want to experience all that L.A. has to offer, from hole-in-the-wall burger joints to fine dining, but sitting in traffic to get to the various eateries is not very appetizing. The answer is Metro! Whether ...
- From Valley Girl to Malibeauty
- Created by Renette J. in Cultural on April 04, 2011 1:05 p.m.
- I live in the Valley but I work in Malibu. Metro makes it easy and cost effective to travel to the beach. Thanks Metro :)
- Metro Takes Me Everywhere
- Created by Jerome O. in Neighborhood on April 01, 2011 11:03 a.m.
I love riding with Metro. It takes me everywhere..as in everywhere! I used to buzz around the streets of Los Angeles with the buses and trains all around...from morning until night. I go to my workplace, the mall, my favorite ...
- Mass Transit Trojan
- Created by Brian B. in Work on March 29, 2011 9:48 a.m.
I am an Angeleno, a Trojan, and most importantly, a full-time Metro recruiter. I preach the benefits of taking the Metro to friends and co-workers, with talking points that have (unfortunately) convinced few: Save money! Save time! Help the environment! ...
- Nap On the Way to Work!
- Created by Cynthia, R in Work on March 11, 2011 5:13 p.m.
Currently, I Go Metro to work from Hawthorne to Santa Monica. I can't afford a car, so the bus is the way to go on the days I can't carpool! Having to take the bus means having to get up ...
- Malibu, Too Far?
- Created by Lenka S. in Entertainment on February 28, 2011 10:44 a.m.
- We wanted visit Malibu and Santa Monica with our friends. "It is too far", was our first reaction, but then we made a decision, "Let's try it." We looked up our trip in Metro Trip Planner. So we visited Malibu ...
- Getty Villa
- Created by Mingsong Zheng in Cultural on February 24, 2011 10:53 p.m.
The other day I went to Getty Villa by Metro bus. It is very funny and interesting; especially because I took the No. 534 bus. It traveled on the Highway!! So cool. I like it. Ha-ha
- True Bruins Take Metro
- Created by Brigid R. in Neighborhood on February 23, 2011 10:03 a.m.
When I went to UCLA two years ago, I took two Metro buses and the Metro Purple Line to get to classes. To many people it seemed like a lot of work and hassle to go to school. I saw ...
- Save $1000's a Year
- Created by Art D in Neighborhood on February 10, 2011 11:24 a.m.
After a "40 day" experiment using only Metro to get around town, I realized the $500 a month I was paying on my car (lease, insurance, gas, etc...) was money I could be saving. It's been two years now without ...
- Anywhere, Everywhere
- Created by Erandy E in Work on January 03, 2011 11:34 a.m.
Metro takes me to work, school and fun places:)!!
- Save the Environment and Stop Importing Oil
- Created by George, M in Work on December 23, 2010 8:57 a.m.
The Santa Monica Fwy is impossible to navigate almost 6 days a week. Sitting in traffic is bad for my blood pressure and too stressful for my health. The 720 Rapid bus and the Purple Line save me everyday from ...
- My Picasso Experience With Metro
- Created by Lenka S in Cultural on December 20, 2010 12:31 p.m.
When my friends visited, we made the decision to go to the LACMA Museum. We used Metro Trip Planner. We were surprised how easy it was to go there. There are many interesting things to see at LACMA, including ghotic ...
- Enjoy the Shopping Spree
- Created by Damion Green in Shopping on December 17, 2010 3:53 p.m.
I live in Long Beach and take Metro to Harbor City where I walk around and look at many many different and new stores. I enjoy looking around and shopping. I use sign language I hope to win. Whether I ...
- Metro Is the Right Choice
- Created by Sam in Work on December 16, 2010 10:09 a.m.
I take Line 720 from Wilshire/Bundy to Downtown for work. The ride is long and sometimes the road is rough, but it's okay because it's cheap! Line 2 and Line 761 are two lines that I use more often now.
- I Go Metro to the Valley
- Created by Reg W. in Work on December 13, 2010 4:28 p.m.
I ride Metro to the Valley, Hollywood, North Hollywood and Pasadena. It's great!
- Beauty of LA Museums
- Created by Susi. G in Entertainment on December 10, 2010 10:43 a.m.
I enjoy seeing all the wonderful pieces of art, music and plays in LA County. It makes it so easy not worrying about parking a car or having it vandalized. One can totally relax, get a quick cat nap or ...
- End Road Rage!
- Created by Melvin H. in Work on December 09, 2010 5:42 p.m.
- While I have driven to work and also taken Metro, I realized that the travel time was nearly the same, and I didn't have to worry about the road rage. I would take my crossword puzzle on the bus and ...
- It Takes Me Everywhere I Need to Go on Time
- Created by Martha Gonzalez in Cultural on December 09, 2010 4:23 p.m.
Metro takes me and my kids out to enjoy our time together. We usually take Metro to Universal Studios and the LA Zoo, and enjoy our time there.
- No Need For A Car!
- Created by Ian, Larson in Cultural on December 08, 2010 4:14 p.m.
Metro takes me to Yoga Works in Larchmont Village, to attend School at Southwestern Law School, to surf in Santa Monica, to Metrolink and Amtrak when I have to travel great distances, and perhaps most importantly, home in Downtown Los ...
- Smart Shopper
- Created by Herbert H. in Shopping on November 22, 2010 10:06 a.m.
- Metro takes me from the Del Amo station in Long Beach to the 7th/Metro station in downtown Los Angeles in less than an hour. Once there, I can shop and not look for parking before shopping which would happen if ...
- Sister Walking
- Created by Jackie G. in Entertainment on November 16, 2010 5:46 p.m.
Atlantic Blvd. and Pomona Blvd. are a buzz of cars on this 89 degree day. It is late in the summer and early in our day. The traffic is hell, but our spirits are high. My sister and I have ...
- Metro to School
- Created by Stephany A. in Cultural on November 16, 2010 10:23 a.m.
My Metro takes me to school in the morning. After school it takes me back home. On the weekends Metro takes me Downtown or to fun places. Sometimes I take the bus to go to my boyfriend's house because he ...
- All Over So Cal
- Created by Donald in Neighborhood on November 10, 2010 3:21 p.m.
I Go Metro from my home in Downtown to the VA Hospital; to my sisters and mothers in Orange County to Santa Monica, Venice, and the South Bay. With Metro and my bicycle I can go anywhere I need to ...
- Learning About U.S. Culture
- Created by Sagarika in Cultural on November 09, 2010 2:14 p.m.
I love to ride Metro bus lines 720 and 20 to Santa Monica Beach. They're fast fast and I am able relax when I am riding Metro. As an international student from UCLA I am able to meet new people ...
- Brown or Whitman...Can't Take My Metro!
- Created by Jorge Cardenas in Shopping on November 08, 2010 6:05 p.m.
- If you're like me, just as committed to riding Metro just as much as being a fashionista, then you probably find the Metro site far more interesting than Brown or Whitman. Since Metro incorporated Google into their Trip Planner, it’s ...
- Getting Around Using Metro
- Created by Christina M in Cultural on November 08, 2010 5:52 p.m.
Metro takes me home from late night play rehearsals at school and the mall. By taking me to school I can get the education I need to make it in the world, and to work so I can afford to ...
- I Love Riding Metro to Burger King
- Created by Antonia Marie Sambrano in Dining on October 22, 2010 4:55 p.m.
Metro takes me to the Burger King on Le Conte and Westwood Boulevard in Los Angeles. I take the Line 2 bus out there all of the time! I like the ride that the bus offers and I sure do ...
- Go Where You Want To Go!
- Created by Brian M. in Neighborhood on October 21, 2010 6:43 p.m.
I pay $20 a week to ride as much as I want on Metro. It's so stress free! No matter where I want to go, there's a bus or train that will take me there. It's stress free and so ...
- Created by Muhammed Islam F in Neighborhood on October 21, 2010 5:58 p.m.
From Wilshire/Vermont To Santa Monica Beach
- Culture and More
- Created by Susan R. in Cultural on October 19, 2010 4:45 p.m.
I take it Metro everywhere. I see more of LA when riding Metro than I ever do when I'm driving.
- Everywhere I Want to Go
- Created by Swee W. in Work on October 18, 2010 11:10 a.m.
I Metro to the daily grind Mondays through Friday. I started taking Metro about two and a half years ago because it was so convenient and easy. To find my route, I went to metro.net and put in my starting ...
- My Metro
- Created by Christia, L in Cultural on October 18, 2010 11:23 a.m.
- I just moved to Los Angeles and have no car. Metro has been great to use here because it takes me to work, shopping, events, etc. Without Metro, I would have no way to get around. It's efficient and green ...
- Homeless to Go!!!!
- Created by Teresa,Thompson in Cultural on October 13, 2010 4:52 p.m.
- As a homeless woman with nothing to do because of unemployment, Metro takes me to potential employers, free events, free museums where I can explore, parks to hang out at, and libraries and bookstores where books take me into a ...
- Dana and Work
- Created by Berthania in Work on October 11, 2010 2:23 p.m.
On Fridays I take 720/920 to Wilshire Westwood to connect to the Big Blue Bus #1 to Sawtelle and Santa Monica Boulevard by 8:00 AM. On the return trip, I take Big Blue Bus #1 to Wilshire/Westwood and take the ...
- Metro Goes Everywhere I Go
- Created by Berthania in Work on October 11, 2010 2:22 p.m.
On 4 weekday mornings I take 920/720 and 780/217 from Wilshire/Western to Venice and Fairfax to the Los Angeles Friendship Center for morning chanting and prayer session. On the return trip I take 780/217 and 920/720 to Vermont/Wilshire for work. ...
- Exploring LA
- Created by Cecily P. in Cultural on October 11, 2010 2:19 p.m.
I love to get a day pass and chose an interesting place to visit in LA. One of my favorites is the Getty Center. It is so much fun not having to worry about driving.
- My Metro. My LA.
- Created by Cecyloveangeles in Neighborhood on October 08, 2010 5:33 p.m.
Metro, oh, Metro! I love you! You're always there when needed, let it be an expedition to the South Pasadena farmers market for fresh produce, a trip to the Flower District for a bouquet of beautiful peonies, or a ride ...
- Less Stress From Traffic and Driving
- Created by Sid M. in Work on October 07, 2010 5:12 p.m.
I love to take Metro from Van Nuys to North Hollywood, and then to 7th Street/Bandini.