Go Metro and Save $1.50 on Adult Admission
Visit the La Brea Tar Pits and Museum and experience the world’s only active, urban Ice Age excavation site. It’s science in action in the heart of Los Angeles!
- See mammoths, saber-toothed cats, and more in their exciting Museum exhibits.
- Journey to an unforgettable icy world with Titans of the Ice Age 3D.
- Explore the world-famous La Brea Tar Pits and watch scientists uncover new fossils.
- Have an Ice Age Encounter and get face-to-face with a life-size saber-toothed cat puppet.
- Take an Excavator Tour and learn the secrets of the Fossil Lab, Lake Pit, Observation Pit, and Project 23.
Show your valid TAP card, Metro employee ID, or L.A. County employee ID at the box office and get $1.50 off adult admission.
La Brea Tar Pits and Museum is located at 5801 Wilshire Boulevard, along Museum Row in Los Angeles. Take the Metro Local Line 20 to Wilshire Boulevard and Curson Avenue. Plan your best route using the Trip Planner.
To learn more and buy tickets, visit TarPits.org.
Monday – Sunday: 9:30am to 5pm daily
Closed for New Year's Day (Jan 1), Independence Day (July 4), Thanksgiving (fourth Thurs. of Nov), and Christmas Day (Dec 25).
Eat, Shop, Play:
For more destinations to eat, shop, play in the Miracle Mile area, visit Metro.net/EatShopPlay.
5801 Wilshire Boulevard Los Angeles, CA