Affected Rail Lines:
Metro Blue Line, Metro Red Line, Metro Green Line, Metro Gold Line, Metro Purple Line, Metro Expo Line
Affected Bus Lines: Orange Line (901), Silver Line (910)
Effective Dates: Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013 — Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2014
Go Metro to your New Year's Celebrations. Metro will run FREE (9pm-2am only) special OVERNIGHT 24-HOUR service from December 31 into January 1 (Red, Purple, Blue, Expo, Gold, Green, Orange & Silver Lines).
New Year's Eve - December 31st into January 1st - ALL RAIL LINES + ORANGE LINE, SILVER LINE
- All Metro Rail lines (Red, Purple, Blue, Expo, Green, Gold) & Orange Line will run every 20 minutes at Friday-Saturday night intervals until beginning of service on January 1st.
- Metro Silver Line will run every 60 minutes at Friday-Saturday night intervals until beginning of service on January 1st.
- Click Here for Blue Line Modified Service in Long Beach on this night only.
- Red Line will run with 6-car, full platform trains due to special events at Civic Center/Grand Park and Universal/Studio City.
- All other Metro Rail lines will run at normal train lengths (Purple 4-cars; Blue, Expo, Gold 2-cars; Green 1-car).
- This is in addition to bus lines which normally operate late night owl service.
- Click here for more information on traveling to Pasadena for the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl Game.
Free Fares (9pm-2am) & TAP Card Info
- Metro is FREE for all entries from Dec 31st @ 9pm until Jan 1st @ 2am. Faregates will be unlatched during this time.
- Valid fare is required by law at all other times.
- Consider buying an unllimited $5 Metro Day Pass good until 3am the following morning.
- Single-Ride is $1.50 per line (no transfers included) and must be loaded onto a reusable TAP card ($1).
- Each customer must have their own reusable TAP card (no sharing).
- TAP cards must be tapped before boarding each line, including at transfer stations.
Metro wishes a safe and Happy Holidays.
Published Date: Wednesday, December 19, 2012