The study team completed the Alternative Analysis phase of the study and posted the Alternatives Analysis Report online on January 18 2013.
The five alternatives that performed best against the screening criteria and that will be studied in depth in the Draft Environmental Impact Report/ Environmental Impact Statement (Draft EIR/EIS) are:
- Transportation System Management/Transportation Demand Management (county-wide strategies to improve and enhance traffic operations)
- Bus Rapid Transit (provides fast and frequent service between East Los Angeles and Pasadena)
- Light Rail Transit (provides aerial and tunnel rail service between East Los Angeles and Pasadena, with connection to Metro Gold line)
- Freeway Tunnel (connects the north and south termini of the existing SR 710)
- Refine build alternatives to improve performance and avoid/minimize potential impacts
- Conduct environmental studies, preliminary engineering and technical analyses for each alternative
- Continue public participation
Preliminary Study Schedule:
- Conduct geotechnical investigations within the study area by Spring 2013 involving soil/rock borings, groundwater level measurement, and vibration testing
- Circulate Draft Environmental document and conduct Public Hearing by Spring 2014
- Final, Environmental Document and secure Record of Decision by Spring 2015
SR-710 Study, project, Status
Wednesday March 20, 2013
Receive email alerts and follow on the web.
Comment/Question Form: Complete this form to leave us your questions, comments and/or be added to our mailing list.
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Phone messages are retrieved at least once every business day.