- Available Monthly Coupons
- How to Sign Up
You can save up to $10 on your transit pass if your income qualifies you for Metro’s Rider Relief Program (RRTP). If eligible, you’ll get fare subsidy coupons to use each month when buying your transit pass from participating providers and pass sales outlets.
Rider Relief coupon booklets include six months of coupons, each printed with an individual month. Coupons are only valid for passes purchased during the month printed on the coupon. Because EZ transit passes are available for advanced purchase (ex.: May passes go on sale April 15), coupons used to buy EZ passes must be for the same month as the pass (May coupon to purchase May pass).
Each coupon is valid for a single use only and must be submitted at time of purchase.
The following transit agencies accept Rider Relief coupons:
- Antelope Valley Transit Agency
- Big Blue Bus
- Culver City Bus Lines
- Torrance Transit
- Santa Clarita Transit
- Foothill Transit
- Long Beach Transit
- Montebello Bus Lines
- Norwalk Transit
Adult riders, Senior/Disabled/Medicare, K-12 grade students and full time College/Vocational students are eligible if their incomes are:
|Annual Income||Persons in Household|
|$28,550 or below||1|
|$32,600 or below||2|
|$36,700 or below||3|
|$40,750 or below||4|
|$44,050 or below||5
|$47,300 or below||6|
Children over 5 years old whose parents qualify are automatically also eligible to receive Rider Relief coupons.
Residents of cities/county areas and students of schools that already offer transit subsidies will not be eligible to receive Rider Relief coupons. Please check with your City, County or school to see if they offer any discounts.
Rider Relief Transportation Program Overview
Thursday July 17, 2014
There are four types of Rider Relief coupons available. You must have a reduced rate TAP card to be able to use a senior, student or college coupon (apply for reduced rate TAP cards here). Rider Relief coupons for seniors and students provide savings on top of those reduced rates.
- $10 – for regular riders who purchase monthly or weekly passes
- $6 – for Senior/Disabled/Medicare riders
- $6 – for students in grades K-12
- $6 – for full time students in College/vocational programs
Wednesday July 16, 2014
Receive coupons by contacting the Rider Relief partner organization serving your area.
If you live in:
- Antelope Valley (Lancaster or Palmdale)
- Central Cities region (Boyle Heights, Chinatown, East LA or South LA)
- North County or San Fernando Valley (Agoura Hills, Burbank, Calabasas or Chatsworth)
- South Bay (Gardena, Harbor City, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance or Watts)
- Westside (Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Culver City, Malibu, Pacific Palisades or Santa Monica)
FAME Assistance Corporation
If you live in:
- Gateway Cities (Long Beach, Bell Gardens, Cerritos, La Mirada, Norwalk, or Pico Rivera)
- San Gabriel Valley (Alhambra, Arcadia, Diamond Bar, East San Gabriel, El Monte, La Canada, La Puente, Pasadena, Rowland Heights, San Gabriel, South Pasadena, Temple City or West Covina)
Human Services Association
Rider Relief Transportation Program
Rider Relief How to Apply
Friday December 12, 2014