ATTENTION RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS OWNERS IN THE VICINITY OF SEPULVEDA BL BETWEEN MONTANA AV AND THE CHURCH LN BRIDGE
The removal of the freeway soundwall on the west side of Sepulveda Bl, between the Sunset Bl Bridge and the Church Ln Bridge, is near completion. The contractor will begin excavation to the Sepulveda Bl grade on Thursday, October 18, 2012.
What: Freeway sound wall removal, load out of material and excavation
When: Excavation work is anticipated to start on Thursday, October 18, 2012 for approximately one week. Work hours are from 7pm to 6am.
Where: NB 405, west side of Sepulveda Bl between Montana Av and Church Ln/Ovada Pl
What to expect:
- Access to residents and businesses will be maintained.
- During nighttime work hours, Sepulveda Bl will be fully closed between Montana Av and Church Ln/Ovada Pl to support other activities; traffic will be detoured to Church Ln.
- Nighttime freeway lane closures will be required in order to safely operate equipment; lane closures will be coordinated with Caltrans and may start as early as 10pm. Access to freeway traffic will be maintained.
- Closure of the NB Sunset Bl off-ramp may be required from 7pm to 6am.
- Operations require the use of breakers and excavators to demo the wall; a loader will be used to load out materials.
- Emergency vehicle access will be maintained.