ATTENTION RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS OWNERS IN THE VICINITY OF SEPULVEDA BL BETWEEN MONTANA AV AND SUNSET BL BRIDGE
The remaining portion of the freeway soundwall on the west side of Sepulveda Bl between Homedale St and Bronwood Av has been scheduled for removal starting on Monday, September 17, 2012.
What: Freeway sound wall removal
When: Work is anticipated to start on Monday, September 17, 2012 through Monday, October 1, 2012. Work hours are from 8am to 5pm and 9pm to 6am.
Where: NB 405, west side of Sepulveda Bl between Montana Av and the Sunset Bl Bridge.
What to expect:
- Access to residents and businesses will be maintained.
- During daytime work hours, Sepulveda Bl will be reduced to one lane in each direction between Montana Av and Church Ln/Ovada Pl.
- During nighttime work hours, Sepulveda Bl will be fully closed between Montana Av and Church Ln/Ovada Pl.
- Nighttime freeway lane closures will be required in order to safely operate equipment; lane closures will be coordinated with Caltrans and may start as early as 10pm.
- The nighttime closure of the Montana off-ramp will be needed; the ramp may close as early as 7pm.
- Daytime and nighttime operations require the use of breakers and excavators to demo the wall; a loader will be used to load out materials.
- Emergency vehicle access will be maintained.