ATTENTION RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES OF THE SHERMAN OAKS AREA IN THE VICINITY OF SEPULVEDA BL NEAR FIUME WALK
The contractor will reconfigure traffic on Sepulveda Bl to create a work zone for the widening of the freeway overpass. Traffic reconfiguration will begin on Friday, June 8, 2012, from 10:00 pm until 3:00 pm Saturday, June 9. Sepulveda Bl will be fully closed, between Ventura Bl and Royal Oaks, from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am. Sepulveda Bl will be reduced to one lane in each direction until 3 pm on Saturday. K-rail will be placed around the construction zone and lanes will be restriped. This reconfiguration will be in place for approximately one year and will entail the following long term traffic changes:
- Restriction of left turns onto northbound Sepulveda Bl from Fiume Walk and the southbound Valley Vista off-ramp. Motorists wishing to access northbound Sepulveda Bl will be detoured to the southbond Burbank Blvd off-ramp
- Restriction of left turns from northbound Sepulveda Bl onto Fiume Walk.
- The Sepulveda Bl left-turn pocket onto the southbound Valley Vista on-ramp will be shortened
- The elimination of crosswalk across Sepulveda Bl at Fiume Walk
Reconfiguration of Sepulveda Blvd. near freeway overpass in Sherman Oaks
Traffic reconfiguration will begin on Friday, June 8, 2012, from 10:00 pm until 3:00 pm, Saturday, June 9
Sepulveda Bl, between Ventura Bl and Royal Oaks, in Sherman Oaks
What to expect:
- Sepulveda Bl will have two lanes of traffic in each direction near the overpass after the traffic is reconfigured.
- The Valley Vista on and off-ramps are anticipated to be closed during the work hours and the northbound Ventura on and off-ramps will be closed from 10:00 pm to 10:00 am.
- Local access to residents will be maintained
- Pedestrians will be rerouted to a safe area outside the construction zone.
- Emergency vehicle access will be maintained.
- Work is weather permitting and subject to change.
- For a listing of daily closures and project updates visit our website at www.metro.net/405 or follow us on twitter: twitter.com/I_405 and Facebook at facebook.com/405project.