ATTENTION RESIDENTS, BUSINESS OWNERS AND TRAVELING PUBLIC IN THE VICINITY OF NORTHBOUND I-405 BETWEEN MONTANA AV AND THE GETTY CENTER DR OFF-RAMP
The northbound (NB) I-405 will be reduced from 5 lanes to 2 lanes, from the Montana Av off-ramp to the Getty Center Dr off-ramp for 55 hours, starting at 10pm on Friday, March 1, 2013. The lanes will re-open at 5am on Monday, March 4, 2013. This lane reduction is necessary for paving of the future high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lane and for realignment of the I-405.
What: Three-lane mainline reduction to facilitate paving for the future HOV lane.
When: The lane reduction is expected to begin at 10pm on Friday, March 1, 2013 and continue for 55 hours, until 5am on Monday, March 4, 2013. Lane and ramp reductions will be implemented as follows:
- 10pm, Friday, March 1: Lane #1 on NB I-405 will be closed from Montana to Getty
- 11pm, Friday, March 1: Lane #2 on NB I-405 will be closed from Montana to Getty
- 12am, Saturday, March 2: Lane #3 on NB I-405 will be closed from Montana to Getty
- 10pm, Friday, March 1: The NB Getty, Moraga, and Sunset on-ramps will be closed
- 10pm, Friday, March 1: The NB Moraga and Montana off-ramps will be closed
Where: Northbound I-405 from Montana Av to the Getty Center Dr off-ramp
What to expect:
- Northbound Sepulveda Bl will remain fully operational with two lanes throughout the reduction area.
- Westbound Wilshire Bl off-ramp to northbound Sepulveda will be used as an alternative route for drivers who wish to bypass the lane reduction area. Re-entry will be available at the northbound I-405 Skirball Center Dr on-ramp.
- Changeable message signs will be used and traffic control officers will be deployed to help direct drivers and mitigate traffic impacts.
- This work is weather-dependent. Schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions.
- Map detailing the 55 hour lane reduction will be posted shortly.
- For daily closure information, please visit www.metro.net/405. You can also follow our project on facebook.com/405project and twitter.com/I_405.