As part of the Los Angeles County Congestion Reduction Demonstration Program along the I-110 and I-10 freeways, Metro’s Contractor is continuing with the installation of conduit as a means of providing power at numerous locations. This work must be performed in order to place the conduit underground. Upon completion of the installation of the conduit, each trench will be back filled, and returned to pre-existing conditions.
Boring Under Sound Wall to the Center Median of Westbound I-10 Freeway
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 between 9:00 p.m. – 4:00 a.m. (one night), weather permitting
In the Vicinity of 1803 Ross Ave. and Westbound I-10 Freeway, City of Alhambra
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Boring machine will be set up adjacent to the sound wall (street side) on Ross Ave.
- Intermittent lane closures.
- One lane for thru traffic will remain open in each direction at all times.
- Flaggers and traffic control signs will be placed during the construction activity.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times.
- Open trenches will be plated at the end of the workday.
- Access will be maintained for the Fire Department and emergency responders at all times.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the construction zone.
- Accessibility to homes and businesses will be maintained.