- The Source
Metro is working with the Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension Construction Authority to extend the existing Metro Gold Line from its current terminus in Pasadena to Montclair.
The proposed extension consists of two phases. The first phase will continue from Sierra Madre Villa in Pasadena east over 11 miles with stops in the cities of Arcadia, Azusa, Duarte, Irwindale, and Monrovia.
Funding is currently being sought for the second phase, which would continue east from Azusa over 12 miles through the cities of Glendora, La Verne, Montclair, Pomona and San Dimas.
Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension facts include:
- Metro will integrate the Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension into existing Metro Rail service and operate the line once construction is complete
- Metro riders will be able to connect with Metro Rail and Bus lines, Metrolink commuter rail lines and other regional transportation services at Union Station
- With the passage of Measure R, Metro has allocated $735 million towards the construction of the Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension
- The final Environmental Impact Report for the first phase (Sierra Madre Villa to Azusa) was certified in 2007. The Gold Line Foothill Extension Construction Authority is beginning to develop a final Environmental Impact Report/Environmental Impact Statement for the second phase
- The Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension will offer an alternative transportation option to congested roadways, environmental benefits, and economic development opportunities
Foothill, gold line foothill extension, sierra madre villa, Pasadena, San Gabriel Valley, San Gabriel Valley, rail service, Trip Planner,
Thursday March 06, 2014
|March 13, 2014||Come Tour the Half-Finished Gold Line Foothill Extension|
|March 5, 2014||Foothill Boulevard in Azusa to Close for Gold Line Work|
|February 22, 2014||Metro's Gold Line Foothill Extension Passes 50 Percent Completion Mark|
|February 1, 2014||Function Meets Art on California's Gold Line Light-Rail Bridge|
|January 27, 2014||Gold Line Authority Studying Extension To Ontario Airport|
|January 23, 2014||Gold Line Authority Approves Study on Extension to Ontario|
|January 22, 2014||Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension Highlights|
|January 10, 2014||Request For Proposals Issued for Azusa to Montclair Section of Gold Line|
Gold Line Foothill Ext, Articles
Thursday March 27, 2014
Showing the latest posts relating to: Foothill Extension