- Expo Line Closures
- The Source
The Metro Expo Line connects the Westside by rail to Downtown LA, Hollywood, the South Bay, Long Beach, Pasadena and dozens of points in between. With 10 new stations serving USC, Expo Park, and diverse LA neighborhoods such as Culver City, the Crenshaw District and Downtown LA, the Metro Rail system will expand to 80 stations and over 87 miles of rail to destinations across LA County.
Metro Expo Line features include:
- 8.6 miles long
- Directly connects to the existing 70-station Metro Rail system
- Estimated ride time between Downtown LA and Culver City: less than 30 minutes
- Ten new stations, three of which are aerial
- New public artworks at stations
- 5.9 miles of new bike lanes
- Start of construction: 2006
- Grand opening: April 28, 2012
- Powered electrically with overhead catenary wires
Connecting Bus/Rail Service
The Expo Line expands the Metro Rail system to 80 stations across LA County. Connections to Metro bus and Metro Rail provide service to Hollywood, Koreatown, Pasadena, Long Beach, LAX (via a connecting free shuttle) and more.
7th St/Metro Center
- Metro Rail: Red/Purple Lines, Blue Line
- Metro Bus: 14, 20, 37, 51/52/352, 60, 66, 70, 71, 76, 78/79/378, 81, 96, 450, 460, 487/489, 760, 770, Silver Line
- Destinations: FIDM, LA Central Library, Macy’s Plaza, The Standard
- Metro Rail: Blue Line
- Metro Bus: 30, 81, 330, 442, 460, Silver Line
- Destinations: LA Convention Center, L.A. LIVE, STAPLES Center
- Metro Rail: Blue Line
- Metro Bus: 37, 38, 55/355, 81, 442, 450, 460, 603, Silver Line
- Destinations: LA Trade Technical College, Mount St. Mary’s College
- Metro Bus: 38, 81, 102, 200, 442
- Destinations: Flagship Theatres University Village 3, Galen Center, USC
- Metro Bus: 81, 102, 200, 442, 460, 550, Silver Line
- Destinations: California African American Museum, California Science Center, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, USC
- Metro Bus: 102, 204, 550, 754
- Destinations: Los Angeles Swimming Stadium, Natural History Museum of Los Angeles, USC
- Metro Bus: 102, 207, 757
- Destinations: James A. Foshay Learning Center, Martin Luther King Jr. Recreation Center
- Metro Bus: 210, 710, 740
- Destinations: The Kobbler King, Lula Washington Dance Theatre
- Metro Bus: 38
- Destinations: Dorsey High School, Rancho Cienega Sports Complex
- Metro Bus: 38, 212/312
- Destinations: Rancho Cienega Sports Complex
- Metro Bus: 38, 105, 217, 705
- Destinations: Target, West LA College
- Metro Bus: 33, 220, 534, 733
- Destinations: Father’s Office, Pacific Theatres Culver Stadium 12, Royal/T Café
As work on the Expo Line continues, Culver City and La Cienega/Jefferson Stations will be closed due to maintenance work in this area in preparation for the future opening of Expo Phase 2 in 2016.
Starting Friday, August 28th until Monday, August 31st, these two stations will be closed from 9PM until 4:30AM only.
In place of train service, bus shuttles will be available with stops between Culver City and La Cienega/Jefferson Stations.
Train service will continue between La Cienega/Jefferson Station and downtown Los Angeles.
Showing the latest posts relating to: Expo Line