Eastside Access - Community Advisory Committee (CAC)
Role of CAC
The CAC is being convened to provide Metro with input on the Gold Line Eastside Access Project representative of the Boyle Heights community.
CAC representation will be limited to no more than 20 members and include representation from the following groups:
- Eastside RAC (up to 2 representatives)
- CRA Project Advisory Committee (PAC) (up to 2 representatives)
- Boyle Heights Neighborhood Council (up to 2 representatives)
- East Los Angeles Community Corporation (ELACC) (1 representative)
- Union de Vecinos (1 representative)
- Artist representative appointed by CD 14 (1 representative)
- Station area representatives
- Residents appointed by CD 14 (1 per station)
- Businesses appointed by Boyle Heights Chamber (1 per station)
- Community Based Organizations
- i.e. Youth, seniors, environmental, others appointed by CD 14 (up to 3)
Up to six CAC meetings are programmed as part of the Metro contracted work with Cityworks Designs and Arellano Associates.
The following guiding principles are being suggested for the CAC to ensure the time spent together is beneficial and maximized.
- The focus of the Eastside Access Project is on the expenditure of the $12 million allocated as part of Measure R.
- The Eastside Access Project is not another visioning or planning project. The focus of this project is to design and implement projects near the following four Metro Gold Line Eastside Extension stations: Pico/Aliso, Mariachi Plaza, Soto and Indiana.
- The Eastside Access Project is focused on improving pedestrian and bicycle access and the funds can only be used for transportation related capital improvements.
- The role of the CAC is to provide input on the projects identified and assist the project team in prioritizing projects. Approval of the projects will be decided by Metro and the City of Los Angeles taking into consideration the input from the CAC.
CAC Meeting #5
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Hollenbeck Police Station
2111 E 1st St
Los Angeles, CA 90033
Past CAC Meeting Presentations
Tuesday September 13, 2011