- The Concept
- 30/10 Projects
- The Source
Simply stated, 30/10 means accomplishing 30 years’ worth of transit projects in just 10 years.
The Concept is simple:
The concept of the 30/10 Initiative is to use the long-term revenue from the Measure R sales tax as collateral for long-term bonds and a federal loan which will allow Metro to build 12 key mass transit projects in 10 years, rather than 30. Accelerating construction of these 12 key Metro projects will result in substantial cost savings.
Successful implementation of the 30/10 Initiative will also deliver immediate benefits like hundreds of thousands of jobs to improve the local economy, reduce greenhouse emissions and ease traffic congestion. The 30/10 Initiative is both an unprecedented step forward for LA County and a model of progress for the entire nation.
- 160,000 new jobs will be created
Annual Benefits with 30/10:
- 77 million more transit boardings
- 521,000 fewer pounds of mobile source pollution emissions
- 10.3 million fewer gallons of gasoline used
- 191 million fewer vehicle miles traveled
Monday May 02, 2011
Here is the Plan:
- Transit Improvement Bonds
- Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA)
- Early Systems Work Agreement (ESWA)
Thursday February 24, 2011
30/10, transit projects, sepulveda pass, green line extension, crenshaw/lax transit project, green line LAX extension, gold line foothill extension, eastside transit corridor, orange line extension, purple line extension, transit corridors
Thursday February 06, 2014
Showing the latest posts relating to: 30-10